OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Chad just isn't going to give up on this, is he:

View attachment 111759
A couple things…. First what a poor loser, wow. Next bluder had a run in with a ref earlier in the tourney, nothing called on that. I’m sure there a video of it that could be shared to Chad. Lastly, why hasn’t Chad watched any Iowa MBB during Frans time at Iowa… cause … ummm… Fran and refs are a thing.

Reactions: VeloClone

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The President of the University said this.

"If you have a problem with it, beat her... If you can't beat her, sit down. I think a lot of people have comment(ed) and never played sports. You create slights, you create people dissing you so that you can go out there and be motivated to come after them. That's what this is about.

"And by the way, this is LSU. This is swag country. This is what we do here."

So he supports it as long as their athletic teams win. That is all LSU cares about as a University.
That comment had to do with winning the game and the handwave, not going to the White House. The LSU President hasn't said anything that visiting the White House.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
She really said that?

I'm no fan of anything Iowa and outside of playing ISU haven't seen a second of C. Clarke's career.

Has Clarke ever said anything close to this at anytime?
Yeah that was one of her quotes after the game.

Go make as much coin as you can from NIL. But to say what she did was "bigger than me" and "for the girls who look like me" and then splash pics of her making the gestures on a bunch of merch? C'mon. Hopefully she's donating some of the proceeds to local youth charities or something.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That comment had to do with winning the game and the handwave, not going to the White House. The LSU President hasn't said anything that visiting the White House.

Pretty sure if he said that LSU is swag country, then he doesn't give two flips if the girls visit the White House or not.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Yeah that was one of her quotes after the game.

Go make as much coin as you can from NIL. But to say what she did was "bigger than me" and "for the girls who look like me" and then splash pics of her making the gestures on a bunch of merch? C'mon. Hopefully she's donating some of the proceeds to local youth charities or something.

Wow........okay.

I doubt when she opened her mouth the first thing on her mind was merchandise.

Can you imagine if this was Clarke saying those things and then selling that likeness?

• Useful
Reactions: Pizzapitter

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The President of the University said this.

"And by the way, this is LSU. This is swag country. This is what we do here."

It checks out.

bk-lsu.gif

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Yeah that was against SC. So that's the "SEC sisters" being disrespected thing that Reese mentioned. I didn't like it either, but I pretty much hate all forms of trash/smack talk. I wouldn't doubt Mulkey using it to motivate her team. I do think Reese has a lot of "diva" in her as well, she was one of the best HS recruits a few years ago, seems to love the spotlight, likes wearing a crown, etc., and I don't think she likes all the media love CC has gotten this year and that was part of her motivation as well.

Wouldn’t be the first championship team who refused to go the WH.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Since when does she speak for the whole team? Read the article Mulkey said she would go to the W.H. if the team wants to visit the Obamas why not do both.
She’s the best player. Kindof like Caitlin speaks for Iowa.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Angel really should just let it drop. Refusing a White House invite shows real immaturity and childish behavior. Angel is confirming she is a poor sport. She is hurting her own image and helping Caitlin’s image.

As I wrote earlier; obnoxious, grating, and immature. Her 15 minutes really need to be up already.

Reactions: CycloneVet

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Angel really should just let it drop. Refusing a White House invite shows real immaturity and childish behavior. Angel is confirming she is a poor sport. She is hurting her own image and helping Caitlin’s image.

Any attention is still attention and in today's world you can easily make money airing your grievances, and she's all over it.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Any attention is still attention and in today's world you can easily make money airing your grievances, and she's all over it.
Yeah just look at her followers on Instagram before and after. She knows exactly what she’s doing. And she’s one of tens of thousands in America who have done the exact same thing in this world. Not a fan of how people gain popularity in today’s world by hot-taking, being edgy, or whatever it is and it’s obvious they are doing it just to keep their name out there. But that’s the way to play the game these days, so she’s capitalizing just like so many others. If others can do it, she has the right to as well.

I just think it’s a little unfortunate she keeps going because the story has really never been about LSU and this amazing turnaround in two years to win the National Championship. On the same hand she has the nation still chattering about the sport of women’s bball, so it’s a double edged sword. The tournament was arguably the best women’s tournament I have seen and the focus should be on that and particularly LSU winning it all in pretty dominating fashion other than the Utah game.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
#it'saboutthekids #biggerthanme

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

Yep. This is not hurting her brand at all, sadly. This is the environment we live in. For every old, white dude or lady that hopes she would shut up, there are 2-3 new followers that eat this up, and that is her audience.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Latest posts