Duals this week (Utah Valley/Pitt)

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
Yeah Yonger is maybe my favorite one to watch so I was disappointed to wait through Broderson only to get no Yonger

• Agree
Reactions: brycy

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
****. Completely forgot about the time change. Result seems like what I would have expected, as in not much more than a warm up for most guys, but I still would have liked to have watched.

• Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
****. Completely forgot about the time change. Result seems like what I would have expected, as in not much more than a warm up for most guys, but I still would have liked to have watched.
If you list Iowa State in your favorites it should be pretty easy to find tomorrow.

Reactions: enisthemenace

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Many moons ago, when wrestling Nationals were held in Ames, we would host about 10-12 wrestling folks - it was awesome.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Guy took one look at Yonger and said “Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.” And walked away.
I went to HS at East High in Des Moines. He was older than me, but I’m sure people on here in the DSM area remember Jermaine Reed. Better known as one of the baddest mother ******* in Iowa in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Was an unbelievable running back. So good, we had coaches like Lou Holtz and Bobby Bowden visiting, but I digress.

The reason I bring it up is because Jermaine also wrestled. East had robes, a la Iowa State, back in the day. He came out for his match one evening, took off his rob, and the kid he was supposed to wrestle…who was out there waiting…forfeited on the spot. It was awesome.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was eerily quiet in Hilton tonight. I counted nearly 100 on the south side and we had probably twice that on the north side.

The crowd was the loudest all night when Yonger came out in his singlet to accept the forfeit.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I went to HS at East High in Des Moines. He was older than me, but I’m sure people on here in the DSM area remember Jermaine Reed. Better known as one of the baddest mother ******* in Iowa in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Was an unbelievable running back. So good, we had coaches like Lou Holtz and Bobby Bowden visiting, but I digress.

The reason I bring it up is because Jermaine also wrestled. East had robes, a la Iowa State, back in the day. He came out for his match one evening, took off his rob, and the kid he was supposed to wrestle…who was out there waiting…forfeited on the spot. It was awesome.
Always good to hear from a fellow DM east alum. Before my time though.

Reactions: enisthemenace

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
It was eerily quiet in Hilton tonight. I counted nearly 100 on the south side and we had probably twice that on the north side.

The crowd was the loudest all night when Yonger came out in his singlet to accept the forfeit.
I wonder how bad this will hurt our attendance records. ISU is usually top 3 to 5

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
I wonder how bad this will hurt our attendance records. ISU is usually top 3 to 5
Don’t worry.

4,394 for Davidson
14,267 for Iowa

Even if no one showed up for the other 4 duals, we’d still be close to top 5 with average attendance of 3,200+.

I see official attendance for tonight is 4,151. Again, if no one attended West Virginia, UNI, and Missouri, we’re still at 3,800+ average attendance. That would have been ~6th last season.

Iowa State has been drawing very well the last few years and I expect we’ll see a high average again this year (maybe > 7,000?) - most likely 3rd behind Iowa and Penn State.

• Informative
Reactions: Cytasticlone

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Don’t worry.

4,394 for Davidson
14,267 for Iowa

Even if no one showed up for the other 4 duals, we’d still be close to top 5 with average attendance of 3,200+.

I see official attendance for tonight is 4,151. Again, if no one attended West Virginia, UNI, and Missouri, we’re still at 3,800+ average attendance. That would have been ~6th last season.

Iowa State has been drawing very well the last few years and I expect we’ll see a high average again this year (maybe > 7,000?) - most likely 3rd behind Iowa and Penn State.
I was hoping we could pull ahead of PSU and get 2nd.... building to 1st place :)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Utah Valley apparently couldn’t make it across 20 to get to cedar falls. Their dual with uni was just cancelled

• Wow
Reactions: CloneFanInKC