Duals this week (Utah Valley/Pitt)

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Utah Valley grades:
125: C. I would give it an F first period, but he wrestled well the last 2 periods. I still think he could open it up more and tech this kid instead of settling for a major.

133: A. Welcome back down to 133 Evan Frost! Thought he looked settled in and didn’t have any impacts of the cut down. Not great competition, but he dominated.

141: A-. Only thing keeping this from an A is being 1 point away from a tech fall. Ech is so damn good and always looks in control out there.

149: B+. Way to battle and get the W up a weight with Redding. Appreciate what he’s done, but we’re going to need Casey next weekend if we want to win in Stillwater.

157: A. Cody keeps getting better as the season goes on. Those cartwheel funk takedowns were things of beauty. If he ends up a double digit seed in KC, you’re not going to be the single digit seed facing him in the 2nd round

165: A. Beast, enough said. Sad the weather stripped away 2 of the last chances a lot of fans will be able to watch him in Hilton.

174: B+. Sweet move to get the pin, but still a slow on finishing some leg attacks. He should’ve had a couple takedowns in the first, but he’s still young and getting better.

184: A. Honestly tbought this was Will’s most complete match of the year. He’s going to be a point scorer with bonus in March

197: C. Really wish he would’ve opened it up more in the 3rd.

Hwt: A+. Yonger did a phenomenal job accepting the forfeit

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Pretty awesome! UNI beat UVU before they even stepped on the mat. Oh, you’re scared of the snow? We’ll drive down in the snow to beat you up.

Pretty cool. And pretty awesome by ISU/Dresser for facilitating.

I like that the 2 programs, even though rivals, have the class and respect for each other to have this happen