Duke fan here....

CoolSoftPillow

Nov 10, 2009
*Yawn*
Good game guys. The game seemed closer than the final score IMO. Dispite Brackins not playing up to his usual level, he was clearly the best post player on the court. The difference in this game, was not Duke possessing a overwhelming talent advantage but a effort/intensity advantage. Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if you guys knocked of Kansas or Texas(2 teams who possess more overall talent than Duke but not as much intensity) Put it this way you guys didn't play near your A game and Brackins didn't play well but you still only lost by 21 pts to a Top 5 team. Add that to the fact that our All-American guard Scheyer was extremely motivated to play well infront of his home crowd. There's no doubt in my mind, if this game was at Duke or ISU it would've been much closer. Good luck towards the rest of the season and please smack the Jayhawks. Man I hate them.

Reactions: mj4cy and CB21

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Thanks. Good luck to you guys. Your teams intensity on D and ability to take care of the ball is pretty amazing.

getcloned

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2008
You've gotta love having a guy like Scheyer. Reminds me of a Fred Hoiberg.

Good luck the rest of the way.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
So, they tried harder.

I'm supposed to feel good about that?

We were playing Duke on National TV and they wanted to win more than us. They wanted to beat Iowa State more than we wanted to beat Duke.

Yeah. Really positive.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
lots of people on this board will understand what this guy is saying and be like, "see guys we are doing well. Other top teams don't even fear us anymore and we are a benefit to them"
lame

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
lots of people on this board will understand what this guy is saying and be like, "see guys we are doing well. Other top teams don't even fear us anymore and we are a benefit to them"
lame

Its been half a decade since we should be 'feared'

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
you seem like a good fan... but in the whole "some fans ruin it for the rest of them" i now hate Duke more than Iowa Hawkeyes.

As some people know on this board i play the part of Cy the Mascot on occasion and i have never experienced more rude, foul mouthed, bird flipping fans ever... not even hawkeyes.

My last straw was when I was taking a picture with a prolly 7 year old cyclone fan and his mom when a Duke fan decided it was appropriate to let everyone know in earshot that Cy looked like a "F***ING FA**OT!!!" That is really cool man, real class act. I will say i did meet a fair share of Duke fans who wanted to even be in a picture with me and were nice people. But it kinda goes back to the "a few ruin it for all" thing.

My new opposing school hatred poll:

Duke
Iowa
Nebby

mrezt

Jan 6, 2010
you seem like a good fan... but in the whole "some fans ruin it for the rest of them" i now hate Duke more than Iowa Hawkeyes.

As some people know on this board i play the part of Cy the Mascot on occasion and i have never experienced more rude, foul mouthed, bird flipping fans ever... not even hawkeyes.

My last straw was when I was taking a picture with a prolly 7 year old cyclone fan and his mom when a Duke fan decided it was appropriate to let everyone know in earshot that Cy looked like a "F***ING FA**OT!!!" That is really cool man, real class act. I will say i did meet a fair share of Duke fans who wanted to even be in a picture with me and were nice people. But it kinda goes back to the "a few ruin it for all" thing.

My new opposing school hatred poll:

Duke
Iowa
Nebby

Another Duke fan here and it's awful to hear some fans acted like this. Unfortunately, you're right that a couple of fans can give an entire fanbase a bad image (though some fan bases --UNC, Maryland, Kentucky-- suck all around). I'm from NC so i'm not sure what the Duke fans are like up in the north, but hopefully they are all not as rude as you described. I can assure you that most Duke fans (that I know at least) wouldn't act like that but again, there are those select few fans that ruin it for everyone else. That said, i'm sure if any other fan base acted like that around me i would hate them too.

Good game, the first half really made me nervous when you guys started really clicking. I know it's not easy to see the positives after a loss, but honestly you guys played better than a lot of teams Duke has seen this season (especially Gonzaga) and the game was closer than the final score suggests.

If anything both ISU and Duke fans can agree that:
1) F&%* Harrison Barnes
2) F&*# ESPN for showing the end of the Kansas game and making us sit and watch them in a timeout instead of switching back and forth

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I just hope Duke can give Roy Boy's Carolina team a couple of beatdowns this year. I hate Roy and North Carolina.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Thanks for the nice Duke fan posts. I have to say, I was impressed all around by the play from Duke. No, ISU did not play their best, but I agree Duke just played great basketball last night (first time I've watched them this year). Great picks, great defense, did a good job of getting our players frustrated.