Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I had someone try and tell me how to do my job today. Fun fact, theyve never done my job, also i have done my exact same job for 10+ years. **** off

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Spouse working on ours today - we had a decent refund with the childcare credit stuff in 21 or 22 but the refund got held up foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever, like I think we got it in December. He just told me that we got like $200 in interest from the IRS for that delay. I'm like that's not so bad then.
I got some extra cash from the IRS for their delay in sending me the COVID $$$ from 2020. Found out later that they will follow up with a statement the next February letting you know you better damn well declare that interest on your taxes!

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Here's the dumb thing that happened to me, today, but redacted to protect me from being sued by somebody's lawyer.

█ █████ ████████ ███ █ ██████ ██ ███████ ███ █ █████ ███████████ ███ ██ ████ ██ █████ ████ ██ ██ █ ████ ██████████ ██████ ██ ███████ ██ █ ██████ ███ ███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ██ ███ ████████ ████ █████ ███ █████ ██████ ██ █████ █████ ███ ███████ ███████

• Creative
Reactions: VeloClone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I was talking to an insurance agent today about the house we just purchased in Ames, he was out east, Massachusetts I think, once he found out I was from Iowa, the first thing out of his mouth was about C. Clark. I told him that I am moving to Ames and we are ISU fans, and could care less about CC. Shut him right down.
multiply that times 3-4 times a week. I can't imagine how it must be in Iowa now.

Reactions: exCYtable

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Last week, but a coworker couldn't tell the difference between Geneseo, IL, and Glencoe, MN on a piece of paper. I should charge $10 a question with the doozies she comes up with.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and JP4CY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Here's the dumb thing that happened to me, today, but redacted to protect me from being sued by somebody's lawyer.

█ █████ ████████ ███ █ ██████ ██ ███████ ███ █ █████ ███████████ ███ ██ ████ ██ █████ ████ ██ ██ █ ████ ██████████ ██████ ██ ███████ ██ █ ██████ ███ ███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ██ ███ ████████ ████ █████ ███ █████ ██████ ██ █████ █████ ███ ███████ ███████

This could be a fun fill in the blank

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I was talking to an insurance agent today about the house we just purchased in Ames, he was out east, Massachusetts I think, once he found out I was from Iowa, the first thing out of his mouth was about C. Clark. I told him that I am moving to Ames and we are ISU fans, and could care less about CC. Shut him right down.

Whut? You selling your digs in the D.C. ?

• Haha
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.

Family logistics has really made me dread the holidays and I hate that

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I do end user IT support so happens all the time in my job role. Today probably one of the dumbest things someone could do happened to me. A person who I have helped several times over the years was helped by 1 of my coworkers today. I get this random Teams message later in the day where she basically ranted and acused my coworker of being rude and some of the worst service she had had in X number of years. I didn't acknowledge it with a response and just copied it to my coworker so he was aware. Was a moment where I thought "why would you tell someone this? Dont you think that I'm probably going to let him know what you said about him? I then find out both our manager and team lead happened to be in the same room this person was in when my coworker helped them and didn't witness anything unprofessional about their interaction so I hope she goes to our manager next who will probably tell her that he was in the same room nearby and did not witness anything that would support her claim.

I was just dumbfounded how anyone would send that to someone in Teams or an email as it now creates a paper trail of what you said too. On top of that why you wouldn't assume that the person you are sending that too wouldn't tell their coworker about it either. Sadly this person is a manager too and should know better having probably dealt with complaints on people that report to or work with her. A part of me hopes she emails or reaches out again tomorrow about this and won't let it go so I can get our manager directly involved or better yet she goes directly to him next with the complaint and gets humbled a but when she finds out he witnessed their interaction today.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Guy in a Nissan truck flew around 3 cars on their right by using the bike lane to pass them on Ingersoll today.

He got stopped at a red light a few seconds later so he really made alot of progress in getting ahead of them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter for a full and speedy recovery.
My wife made a great point when we were discussing moving, she said "we do not need the kids now, but there will come a time when we will." That really resonated with me, there is really nothing here in DC beside a few friends. Most of our close friends have moved away or did not live here anyway. Our sons both live out of state, and it will give us a chance to spend more time with two of our grandkids.
I will say the cost difference between DC and Ames is unbelievable, anything halfway close to ours is twice the amount. Its either pay that price or buy a fixer upper and I do not have the patients for anymore. We found a house we both liked, northern part of Ames, down the road from our daughter, put in a bid, and they took it. We have a couple months to get our house on the market, sold and moved up there.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Family logistics has really made me dread the holidays and I hate that
Yeah we stopped doing the drive to CR on Christmas Day thing several years ago. So thankful. Christmas Day is now pretty glorious, up for presents with the daughters who are 19 and 23, relax with a glass of red wine by 9 a.m. in my annual nod to the dad in 'A Christmas Story' and then make a big breakfast for everyone and chill the rest of the day.

The downside is planning the day we CAN make it back and get together with everyone, a logistical nightmare.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
A trampoline rolling down my street today doesnt seem like that big of a deal now.

Do you live on my street?? Helped a neighbor move his from our street into his garage today.

Ours stayed put, unlike during the derecho. Reinforced it more than necessary after that, even said "oh yeah, she's not goin anywhere" after strapping it down.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do you live on my street?? Helped a neighbor move his from our street into his garage today.

Ours stayed put, unlike during the derecho. Reinforced it more than necessary after that, even said "oh yeah, she's not goin anywhere" after strapping it down.
Dad mode activated.

Reactions: Tailg8er

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron