Enjoy football season, I guess ...

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Like it or not when Garza decided to come back they are a legit team. Better get ready for a nauseating season watching them compete for a very good seed in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe they can get Northwestern Stated again. I couldn’t stomach them somehow making a Final Four. I just threw up typing that.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Like it or not when Garza decided to come back they are a legit team. Better get ready for a nauseating season watching them compete for a very good seed in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe they can get Northwestern Stated again. I couldn’t stomach them somehow making a Final Four. I just threw up typing that.

I’d suggest everyone bet heavy on Iowa winning the big 10 and even more to win it all. That way, if this season goes the way Iowa wants it to, at least you’re flush with cash.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I’d suggest everyone bet heavy on Iowa winning the big 10 and even more to win it all. That way, if this season goes the way Iowa wants it to, at least you’re flush with cash.
Fun fact, this is exactly what I am doing. No joke. If those guys somehow pull out winning a National Championship I at least want to be heavily rewarded to get me through the insufferable vomit that will come from their fan base.

Reactions: everyyard

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Guards matter more than posts in college basketball. Iowa has 0 guards who can score off the dribble consistently or get to the hoop when you need a basket.

I predict Iowa and ISU to finish with two spots of each other in their respective conferences

Iowa 4-5th
ISU 6-7th

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
? The athletic department covid #'s report weekly has been really good.
Meaning that I generally think teams that can rely mostly on their returning players will have a huge advantage over teams like ISU that are hoping to rely on some new players because COVID has drastically reduced the ability for teams to figure themselves out, both from the amount of practice they're able to do and from the reduction in non-conference games.
Thus, in a normal season, I think ISU would have a shot at becoming good enough for the tournament. But this season, I worry it will take ISU too long to grow together into a good team.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Meaning that I generally think teams that can rely mostly on their returning players will have a huge advantage over teams like ISU that are hoping to rely on some new players because COVID has drastically reduced the ability for teams to figure themselves out, both from the amount of practice they're able to do and from the reduction in non-conference games.
Thus, in a normal season, I think ISU would have a shot at becoming good enough for the tournament. But this season, I worry it will take ISU too long to grow together into a good team.
I tend to agree with this.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Guards matter more than posts in college basketball. Iowa has 0 guards who can score off the dribble consistently or get to the hoop when you need a basket.

I predict Iowa and ISU to finish with two spots of each other in their respective conferences

Iowa 4-5th
ISU 6-7th

The only thing I will say to that is even though Iowa's guards can't create their ball movement is really really good. It infuriates me when I watch them play because the ball is absolutely popping and the only time it really sticks is if Garza is try to either create or draw a defender. When they have multiple guys knocking down three's they will be really tough to defend.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron