ESPN Gameday and laughing

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Nothing is worse than a comedian who is in town being interviewed by local radio. Even the comedian has to be like not everything I'm saying is as funny as you guys are making it.
Most comedians hate doing this. Tom Segura just turned it into a joke when he does it

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Have a feeling you won't see McAfee on Gameday much longer:

...so why exactly is ESPN supposedly trying to take down a guy they're actively paying $80M+ to, in exchange for him bringing tons and tons views and his content to their network? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Reactions: Jer

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
...so why exactly is ESPN supposedly trying to take down a guy they're actively paying $80M+ to, in exchange for him bringing tons and tons views and his content to their network? Doesn't seem to make much sense.
Maybe because they can't sell any advertising anymore and if they tank his show there is a clause that allows them out of the contract. No clue, but man am I tired of the 15 second looping of ESPN propaganda during our games. I couldn't believe it was even that way for the CFP games.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, I think they’re both finding that he’s far more polarizing and less of a slam dunk in popularity than they expected. Follow the CFB subreddit and here for about a 75% hate vs 25% like ratio. Personally I hate his schtick but I understand why others like him. I think more people moved to Fox on Saturday mornings than they expected as well.

This is exactly why ESPN may be scared…

Since the inception of McAfee’s show on ESPN in the fall, Stephen A. Smith and “First Take” are handing McAfee a 583,000 viewer lead-in, and McAfee is maintaining just 302,000, which is a 48 percent drop.

As compared to the same window last year, which featured “SportsCenter,” McAfee is down 12 percent. On FS1, Colin Cowherd’s show has nearly beaten McAfee on some days and saw 19 percent growth from last year to average 156,000 viewers.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Think this is the article/leak that pissed McAfee off:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It's not real hard to figure out. They also were going to work with PMT, which would have been a great move for them, until internal people got all pissy because they were made fun of years earlier. They'd much rather have brilliant programming like Nick Wright or whoever they have now shouting about things either disingenuously or ignorantly-you pick.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I actually really like his show but Pat is too immature to handle it.

He can't seem to finish a contract and seems to make constant impulsive decisions.

I'm guessing he wants to get back to the WWE and has to kill the ESPN obligations to do it and then we'll do this whole thing again when he gets bored there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yeah, I think they’re both finding that he’s far more polarizing and less of a slam dunk in popularity than they expected. Follow the CFB subreddit and here for about a 75% hate vs 25% like ratio. Personally I hate his schtick but I understand why others like him. I think more people moved to Fox on Saturday mornings than they expected as well.
I get not liking him and I don't really have an opinion. Sometimes he's funny to me and sometimes he's annoying but people may be taking their 3 hour pregame show filled with a lot of nothing a little to seriously. Full disclosure, if I'm home on a fall Saturday morning I do watch Gameday even though I know in my heart the Fox program is better.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I actually really like his show but Pat is too immature to handle it.

He can't seem to finish a contract and seems to make constant impulsive decisions.

I'm guessing he wants to get back to the WWE and has to kill the ESPN obligations to do it and then we'll do this whole thing again when he gets bored there.
Yeah think this will be at least 3 contracts he didn't finish:

1. Barstool
2. FanDuel
3. ESPN

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Think this is the article/leak that pissed McAfee off:

This part is telling…

Since the inception of McAfee’s show on ESPN in the fall, Stephen A. Smith and “First Take” are handing McAfee a 583,000 viewer lead-in, and McAfee is maintaining just 302,000, which is a 48 percent drop.

As compared to the same window last year, which featured “SportsCenter,” McAfee is down 12 percent. On FS1, Colin Cowherd’s show has nearly beaten McAfee on some days and saw 19 percent growth from last year to average 156,000 viewers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron