ESPN Gameday and laughing

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Like you said, simple solution, do not watch it. Gameday is the highest rated show on Saturday morning, I like getting up and watching it for 3 hours before the games start.
You know PickSix you really have to be an *******, dumbing a post that was made over 2 months ago, Oct. 21st to be exact. But you be you.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Yeah, I think they’re both finding that he’s far more polarizing and less of a slam dunk in popularity than they expected. Follow the CFB subreddit and here for about a 75% hate vs 25% like ratio. Personally I hate his schtick but I understand why others like him. I think more people moved to Fox on Saturday mornings than they expected as well.

This is exactly why ESPN may be scared…

Man, if you’re losing in the ratings to Colin frickin’ Cowherd and his front running, big brand loving @ss, you do have problems.

Personally I don’t know how McAfee can’t afford shirts with sleeves considering all the ESPN money he’s making.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This part is telling…

Since the inception of McAfee’s show on ESPN in the fall, Stephen A. Smith and “First Take” are handing McAfee a 583,000 viewer lead-in, and McAfee is maintaining just 302,000, which is a 48 percent drop.

As compared to the same window last year, which featured “SportsCenter,” McAfee is down 12 percent. On FS1, Colin Cowherd’s show has nearly beaten McAfee on some days and saw 19 percent growth from last year to average 156,000 viewers.
Ok, but how many people are taking in PM by other means? I don't know if First Take has a podcast or any other avenue but I imagine they start and end their audience with TV and PM doesn't.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know what they're looking for then because that things been all over the place the last few days.

Game day loves them some feel good stories. To have Pat interrupt one of those and bring light on the potentially sensitive meaning behind that acronym isn’t the feel good story they were looking for.

And furthermore, I don’t think Reece appreciated how it was done either. That wasn’t a guest on the PM show, he was the host of Gameday.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Game day loves them some feel good stories. To have Pat interrupt one of those and bring light on the potentially sensitive meaning behind that acronym isn’t the feel good story they were looking for.

And furthermore, I don’t think Reece appreciated how it was done either. That wasn’t a guest on the PM show, he was the host of Gameday.
Pat never misses a chance to hog the spotlight.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

What's the feel good story? It's hardly unique for someone to prove a previous coach wrong.

Listen they put that segment in and if Pat, Joey, and Desmond were the only guys who knew what was going on and everyone just expected everyone to buy that corny ****, that's on them. I guess I'll defer to the two black guys on whether the situation was funny or sensitive.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pat July his reputation on being the guy who was not on ESPN . Loan wolf type of guy. Now a lot are seeing him as a sell out

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Like you said, simple solution, do not watch it. Gameday is the highest rated show on Saturday morning, I like getting up and watching it for 3 hours before the games start.
3 hours before then football all day and all night? Are you a bachelor or divorced?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Kimmel had a pretty good takedown of Rodgers, although could be the mouse just trying to get more people to tune into McAfee for the Rodgers response

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Kimmel had a pretty good takedown of Rodgers, although could be the mouse just trying to get more people to tune into McAfee for the Rodgers response
it is a good conspiracy. both on disney properties. make a fake beef that drums up viewership.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
What’s with Herby bringing his dog to the natty broadcast?
His dog, Ben, has kind of become a minor celebrity on social media. He always travels with Herby to wherever Gameday is and to whatever game city Herby is doing afterwards. Pictures of him sleeping on private jet seats are adorable.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
His dog, Ben, has kind of become a minor celebrity on social media. He always travels with Herby to wherever Gameday is and to whatever game city Herby is doing afterwards. Pictures of him sleeping on private jet seats are adorable.
Ah, yes. Only private jets for the $10 million man.