Facilities and financial update from Jamie Pollard

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Jamie has a lot of good ideas.This is not one of them.
It's money from developers. I've posted on premium board about a specific business (yes, I named it) that could really draw people to that area.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Lol.

AD w/ a long career full of financially advantageous decisions made: “hey, here’s our next idea.”

Randoms on fan message boards: “Terrible idea, should’ve asked me first.”

Also, not just the AD, but they partnered with a commercial real estate firm to analyze the market and see if this is viable. If it happens it'll be on their recommendation

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
It's money from developers. I've posted on premium board about a specific business (yes, I named it) that could really draw people to that area.
Not a good area for this purpose,in my opinion.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Let me ask you this: have you been to weddings in the area? I've been to them at Stephen's, Alumni, and MU. I bet receptions, parties, game watches could work out well.
I say this as someone that enjoyed campustown while in college, it's pretty dumpy, and this could also help with that.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Why not? Duff is built-out in a floodplain.

This can too, but closer to foot traffic and Ames biggest (only) draws.

In a perfect world they would have built JTS and Hilton just south of Campustown where Capp Timm and the now the XC course is. Tailgating would have had a fantastic blend of what we have now, plus the house party and campustown street-fest feel...and now we'd be talking about developers filling in the blocks between JTS and campustown with the Pollard and Light district.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron