Help: Fake "Update Adobe Flash" Site

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Is anyone else getting continuously rerouted to a fake "Update your Adobe Flash" site? And when I say rerouted, I mean completely leaving CycloneFanatic and being taken to a page originating in Belgium. I'll post a link the next time this happens.

And by the way, I doubt this has something to do with something on my computer because this only happens with CF.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Is anyone else getting continuously rerouted to a fake "Update your Adobe Flash" site? And when I say rerouted, I mean completely leaving CycloneFanatic and being taken to a page originating in Belgium. I'll post a link the next time this happens.

And by the way, I doubt this has something to do with something on my computer because this only happens with CF.

Yes. I just hit the back arrow and ignored it.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Yes, and I also only get it on CF, and I also just hit the back arrow and continue on. (I did make sure my adobe flash player is up to date.)

It has happened both with google chrome and firefox.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It happens every once in a while, but not just on this site. According to my security center, I don't have anything harmful on my computer though.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Also getting this at home (chrome) and work (firefox). Just back out as others mention.

May be a separate issue but I'm also having some sluggishness on the site using firefox at work. Like it's just slow to register keystrokes, often not even registering them. Also the same for clicks. Don't know if it's something on my end or not. I do a hard refresh cntl+f5 and it will work fine for a page or two then it starts getting hung up. CF is the only site that acts this way.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Also getting this at home (chrome) and work (firefox). Just back out as others mention.

May be a separate issue but I'm also having some sluggishness on the site using firefox at work. Like it's just slow to register keystrokes, often not even registering them. Also the same for clicks. Don't know if it's something on my end or not. I do a hard refresh cntl+f5 and it will work fine for a page or two then it starts getting hung up. CF is the only site that acts this way.

Same and only on CF, no other sites.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'll report this.

I am 100 percent sure it's coming from a third party ad (which can happen on any site that you visit) but again, I'll report it anyway. I wouldn't worry about a virus or anything like that though. We will do our best to locate the vendor and take care of it. Thanks for the heads up .

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got this redirect on both my laptop and desktop today after I turned my ad block off. It's obviously coming from the ads here since ad block on, no phony site redirect. Ad block off, redirected twice on different computers running different protection suites.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Got this redirect on both my laptop and desktop today after I turned my ad block off. It's obviously coming from the ads here since ad block on, no phony site redirect. Ad block off, redirected twice on different computers running different protection suites.

My Norton Anti(you name it) actually blocked the redirect yesterday, claiming it a known phishing attempt.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Just got this again now. Chrome gave me a warning that it is a fake scam file.

Not sure if it matters but I wasn't logged in as my user name when it happened.