Fallout TV series

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
3 episodes in. Very accurate to the game. Lots of violence. Haven't decided my overall feelings on it yet. The Brotherhood of the Steel character is really awkward. That whole storyline is so far.
Agreed, 3 episodes in and the brotherhood of steel character feels off, I hope it's intentional and we get a payoff later but probably not. The pacing and feels sort of clunky but overall way better than most video game adaptations and a big step up from rings of power (from a feel and lore standpoint), which is what I compare all amazon prime shows to now. I'm enjoying it.
BTW the actor who plays the enclave scientist is from Cedar Rapids.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Tried it out Saturday night. Parts were enjoyable but I don't think I'm gonna make it past episode 1. Just doesn't hold my attention (which is hard to do with tik toc related ADHD)..

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
3 episodes in. Very accurate to the game. Lots of violence. Haven't decided my overall feelings on it yet. The Brotherhood of the Steel character is really awkward. That whole storyline is so far.

That's where I'm at, that character is pretty unlikable so far. The only main character I really like is Goggins as the ghoul.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Loved it. One of my favorite series recently. My non gamer wife loved it too. Very well done. Great work keeping the juxtaposition of the campy style and humor with violent setting.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Watched the first episode and got pulled away halfway through the second. Enjoying it so far. Seems to be nailing the atmosphere and tone of the games.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
That's where I'm at, that character is pretty unlikable so far. The only main character I really like is Goggins as the ghoul.
Honestly, the brotherhood of steel have have almost universally been ******** throughout the franchise. What I like about his character is that it shows that not all is holy rolling sunshine and rainbows in the organization.

The Ghoul is the best character by far, but Lucy is pretty good too. Her over the top optimism in believing that everyone should be motivated by doing the right thing, and the utter ignorance of how life is on the surface, and how her experiences are changing they is great. I'm only three episodes in, and I am looking forward to seeing where her character goes.

The Easter eggs and subtle references included are great. I also enjoy how they instituted slow mo during fight scenes to replicate the turned bases nature of the games.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I started liking the character more once someone pointed out that each character represents a playstyle. Lucy is a paragon run, Max is morally neutral, and Goggins is a renegade run.

I really liked i could binge watch, but I do think this show would've done well if they did do weekly releases. There are just too many storylines that probably would've done well if they were allowed to breath better. Some of the "cliffhangers" at the end of episodes would have been fun to speculate for a week
Like When they were put into the test subjects room in vault 4 without telling the viewer if vault 4 was "good or evil"

Without getting into bigger spoilers, I found there were topics in earlier episodes that were interesting, but in an episode or two we largely progressed past them, and I couldn't find any online discussion around it. Most of discussion online was focused on end of the season storylines.

Reactions: FerShizzle

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I started liking the character more once someone pointed out that each character represents a playstyle. Lucy is a paragon run, Max is morally neutral, and Goggins is a renegade run.

I really liked i could binge watch, but I do think this show would've done well if they did do weekly releases. There are just too many storylines that probably would've done well if they were allowed to breath better. Some of the "cliffhangers" at the end of episodes would have been fun to speculate for a week
Like When they were put into the test subjects room in vault 4 without telling the viewer if vault 4 was "good or evil"

Without getting into bigger spoilers, I found there were topics in earlier episodes that were interesting, but in an episode or two we largely progressed past them, and I couldn't find any online discussion around it. Most of discussion online was focused on end of the season storylines.
I hate the cliff hangers. It's why I can't watch TV.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well damn. I wish there were more than 8 episodes. That was fantastic. Absolutely triggered my Fallout addiction, so now I have to go replay Fallout 4 or New Vegas. Can we give it up for Jon Daly, who played the snake oil salesman? Small, but memorable part. Bring on season 2!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
For it to hit the tone of the games for me, they'd have to spend half the episode looting every corner of every building lol
No doubt. I can't believe how well they nailed some of the details, though. They just did a masterful job of translating the world to the show.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Well damn. I wish there were more than 8 episodes. That was fantastic. Absolutely triggered my Fallout addiction, so now I have to go replay Fallout 4 or New Vegas. Can we give it up for Jon Daly, who played the snake oil salesman? Small, but memorable part. Bring on season 2!
My son had finished F4 earlier this year and now he's pestering me to play it. I haven't played anything since F3.

Show was pretty good. Faithful to the Fallout world with plenty of nods to the games while still being able to stand mostly on its own. Since I haven't played F4 and NV I wasn't sure how much of Vaultec's history had been revealed. I knew that many of the Vaults weren't quite what they seemed, but all of the stuff leading up to 2077 was cool to see.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

He gets way better as the series goes on. When he gets the opportunity to be funny things get good with him.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Honestly - it’s shocking just how well they nailed the atmosphere and humor of the games, and just how good this was in general.

Reactions: Mr Janny

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
3-4 episodes in, and I had much higher hopes so far. Lucy and the Ghoul are great, I'm sure it'll only get better. But it's not nearly as good as Last of Us started out.