Fat Stanley without Doyle

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Well, they were both signed to the practice squad the next day. This shouldn't be terribly shocking to anyone. Getting relegated to a team's practice squad is probably the most likely outcome for a qb drafted in the 7th round.
So what exactly happens/ changes financially and contractually when you draft somebody, sign them to a contract, release them, then sign them to your practice squad? I can't imagine there's a big difference for a 7th round pick but I honestly have no idea.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So what exactly happens/ changes financially and contractually when you draft somebody, sign them to a contract, release them, then sign them to your practice squad? I can't imagine there's a big difference for a 7th round pick but I honestly have no idea.

Drafted players get more during camp than free agents. I believe practice squadders get the same amount.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Since he was released, the contract he signed after being drafted is gone, minus any guaranteed money, if there was any. Practice squad has a minimum salary, but players can be paid more if teams choose. Not sure if rookie contracts can have any language about practice squad salary written into them or not.

• Informative

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Well, they were both signed to the practice squad the next day. This shouldn't be terribly shocking to anyone. Getting relegated to a team's practice squad is probably the most likely outcome for a qb drafted in the 7th round.
Understandable, and yes not shocking that he's being retained to the practice squad. Tackling dummies like him come in handy.

I wish the Vikings had a more quality backup QB on roster FWIW.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I will say this. I was impressed with Dillon Doyle yesterday. He would be by far Iowa's best LB. He's big and surprisingly good in coverage

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron