Favorite Part of Gameday at JTS

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I like the smell of burgers and hot dogs cooking. I love hearing music blasting and people laughing and having a good time. I love talking sports with cyclone fans before games. But, my favorite part is my first step into Jack Trice every year. I get chills every single time im walking up the hill by the hillside and looking down on JTS and seeing the guys warming up. Amazing.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
For some reason, I love unpacking our bus. Dragging out the grill and speakers, getting the stereo and ipod set up, raising the flags, starting the generator, setting up the lawn chairs. That whole first half hour when no one is in the lots and we get everything all set up and then sit down and crack the first beer. I love that.

Other things that I love:
-Going to HyVee and dropping a bunch of money purely on liquor and food.
-Waiting to get through the gates at the stadium...everyone is excited and most people are drunk.
-Heading out at half to discuss the game.
-Right before kickoff.

I think you experience similar feelings that i do. Its kind of a weird feeling. I love all the pregame stuff. The guys on the radio. Getting to the stadium early. ..

I love it when it's perfect weather for a game.

Such a great experience inside Jack Trice. I love going to the games. I love everything about the whole saturday. Im usually with a group of friends... and usually, im dragging them to the stadium a half hour early. They don't understand why i want to go watch the team warm up- or listen to the band- you know, just be in the stadium.

Most of you have the same feelings im sure. But i don't know any of you. :dull::smile:

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I like when the band starts playing the drums and then running onto the field in circles. Especially the first game of the year. So many memories when they start that.

This. No game ever topped the feeling of the first time I entered the field in JTS with my sousaphone, but every game between then and when I left my shoes on the field is a close second!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I love the comradrey(sp?) and feeling of being a family that is being a Cyclone, if you're wearing Cardinal and Gold, you're cool. I never got that feeling growing up going to hawkeye games. That's why I switched. It really is a Cyclone Nation and tailgating/gameday is awesome!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Great thread!! I love walking to the lots with a case of beer in my hand, seeing everybody else tailgating. I love all the sights and sounds of tailgating. The music, smell, crowds of people, the scenery, and the stadium in the background. I love getting to my seat and waiting for the team to take the field. The energy and atmosphere building up to kickoff. The crowd chants students getting rowdy. I love cyclone football and gameday!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Great thread!! I love walking to the lots with a case of beer in my hand, seeing everybody else tailgating. I love all the sights and sounds of tailgating. The music, smell, crowds of people, the scenery, and the stadium in the background. I love getting to my seat and waiting for the team to take the field. The energy and atmosphere building up to kickoff. The crowd chants students getting rowdy. I love cyclone football and gameday!

woo! i'll do my best! :wink:

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Too early to think about this, danig it! We are still nearly 2 months out. My wife says I wish every summer away wishing for college football season to start.

Okay now I am thinking about it:
The current coaching staff on game day...they are organized and have a plan, prior nutts did not.
College Game day on TV
Packing up the SUV the night before and drinking a beer
Time with family and friends tailgating and drinking a beer
The food with a beer
Smell of the grills and drinking a beer
Seeing friends and making new ones and drinking a beer
Again, the smell of the grills and drinking beer
Watching my favorite team!
Slobber knockers on the other team
The sound system....NOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT
Pregame drills from JJ....NNNNOOOOOTTTTTT Thank goodness for JJ, but stop it this year!
Did I mention the smell of the grills and drinking beer!
Playing bag toss and taking a few advil because I have drank a few beers

I love everything about game day except driving back home, although wins make that much better too.

Z

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Football can't come soon enough....

I miss getting the truck ready the night before while throwing a couple back.
Not being able to sleep the Friday night before a game.
Waking up gameday morning earlier then I wake up for work most of the time.
Stopping at my buddies to pick him up, followed by Kum and Go hot chocolate.
Unpacking the boards and setting them up before anything else.
Grilling all day long with beer in hand between games of bags.
Having my wife getting mad because I'm drinking too much.
Leaving the tailgate about 45 minutes early to stop and steal a beer from a friends tailgate on the way too the stadium.
Getting in early watching the band.
Team entrance..

In all honesty... I love and miss the whole flippin experience.

Reactions: ajk4st8

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The first beer/bloody mary after I get the tailgate all set up.

A lot of the time I'm doing most of the set up while everyone else is drinking and bull ********. Once I can rest, enjoy the atmosphere, and look across at Jack Trice, it all hits you that it's going to be a good day.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
woo! i'll do my best! :wink:
Good! I had to take my rowdiness to the regular seating section. :sad: Sitting in the student section was so fun! I guess I could always make my way back there since I'm only 2 years out of college.. :biggrin: