Ferentz not going to replace disbanded diversity committee

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
if I was working for a company that was under investigation and wanted to change I would hope it would but in programs that would become the new norm.

Perhaps they put in other programs (I have not heard of any) but to have a committee less than two years and then go back to status quo would not lead me to believe my company was committed to real change.
Bingo.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Can't find the Kirk racist lawsuit thread, has the U of I successfully played the long game and everyone forgot about this.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Can't find the Kirk racist lawsuit thread, has the U of I successfully played the long game and everyone forgot about this.
Iowa fans forgot about it the day it came out. To me, this is one of those things, even after there’s a settlement or this lawsuit is closed, it won’t ever be forgotten about and the Ferentz’s will forever be racist.

I think Kirk is close to retirement and is abiding by what he’s being told to appease those in IC, but, unfortunately, you don’t go 60+ years being a racist white man and change overnight.

Aside from the racism allegations, I also think kirk’s to the point in his career (near retirement), where he’s going to do and say almost whatever he wants because he knows his buyout is astronomical and he knows Barta isn’t going to fire him.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Last I heard a lot of the players recanted a lot of their allegations once they were under oath. Not really sure where the lawsuit stands now, but I think KF and BF are supposed to be deposed sometime this spring.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Seth Wallace has been dismissed. Like was said, a lot of the plaintiff depositions are a lot different than their public allegations were.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Last I heard a lot of the players recanted a lot of their allegations once they were under oath. Not really sure where the lawsuit stands now, but I think KF and BF are supposed to be deposed sometime this spring.
One reason the ferentz lawyers kept dragging this out. When you have a situation like this, unless the individuals wrote down and logged what was said and done to them, the stories can change (whether true or not) and if you have any conflicting parts in your statements, it will discredit you and blow it up. Not saying this is exactly what happened, but is a common situation. Even if they wrote it down later, there always seems to be pieces that can make the testimony seem murky.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
One reason the ferentz lawyers kept dragging this out. When you have a situation like this, unless the individuals wrote down and logged what was said and done to them, the stories can change (whether true or not) and if you have any conflicting parts in your statements, it will discredit you and blow it up. Not saying this is exactly what happened, but is a common situation. Even if they wrote it down later, there always seems to be pieces that can make the testimony seem murky.
Or it was embellished from the start?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seth Wallace has been dismissed. Like was said, a lot of the plaintiff depositions are a lot different than their public allegations were.

Wallace was added rather recently but had no business being there. This really didn't have anything to do with the depositions. They added him at the deadline to add parties probably hoping they would find something in the report documents.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Or it was embellished from the start?
Your favorite teams head football coach is racist, you need to accept that. And the outcome of this lawsuit won’t change that. You think Kirk didn’t hire a good lawyer?

If it was embellished, would we have let Doyle go right away? - especially now, seeing how much it has hurt his team.

If it was embellished, why would Kirk have implemented so many changes to his program? He fomented a racist culture and got caught, and made just enough subtle changes to appease Iowa fans to the point they think they can say “see! All better now.”

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
Or they also could have entered into confidential settlements since the most typical reason for a voluntary dismissal with prejudice during litigation is a settlement.
I'm pretty sure Iowa and the board of regents would legally have to disclose any settlements that were made in this case seeing as it's a public state run institution.

Help Support Us

Become a patron