Ferentz not going to replace disbanded diversity committee

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
How? Current players and recruiting is on the uptick. Player hosts go on about the family atmosphere and coaches. Player panel has nothing but things to say about progress made... So tell me how it is weak. If anything a weak take is saying it is still not good at Iowa.
Current players? Player hosts? lol!

What's next? Kirk's wife says Iowa isn't racist?

You are truly going rogue trying to cite that as evidence of a non-issue. It's almost evidence AGAINST your position. I almost respect it.. Screenshot_20220624-153527_Chrome.jpg .

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
classic cyclone conspiracy, fouls, weather, etc..... always something deeper, never something simple.

How? Current players and recruiting is on the uptick. Player hosts go on about the family atmosphere and coaches. Player panel has nothing but things to say about progress made... So tell me how it is weak. If anything a weak take is saying it is still not good at Iowa.

Maybe see why ISU cannot keep guys on campus after the 2021 season

OL7.gif

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
As long as no one from outside the program is allowed a look-see, there should be no problem.
Thinker, from Kirk's point of view, Doyle was a model coach. He spent 20 years in the program and received special recognition from KF. He would still be there if there was no outside input. Kirk is certainly making sure there will be no other changes unless he wants them.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I mean, there are like 6 of you on here saying this is major news, I suggest you branch out, live a little. Iowa has fixed their issues and blind spots, while ISU fans claim racism is still running wild in the program lol.

Who determines that the issues are fixed? Wouldn’t that be something that the now disbanded committee would be looking at?

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
The ex-players making the claims didn't talk about it either while they were in the program. Why would you make waves in an environment that has a history of retaliation?
Counterpoint, why would someone stay in a program that is still experiencing issues that were once exposed? The lack of transfers is my biggest reason for optimism.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Counterpoint, why would someone stay in a program that is still experiencing issues that were once exposed? The lack of transfers is my biggest reason for optimism.

Because Iowa sells “NFL, NFL, NFL….” in recruiting. You can easily see how somebody like a Wadley would stay even if he was being mistreated because he thought it was the best for his future. Just because someone doesn’t leave doesn’t mean they aren’t being mistreated.

• Disagree
Reactions: 7Got6

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Because Iowa sells “NFL, NFL, NFL….” in recruiting. You can easily see how somebody like a Wadley would stay even if he was being mistreated because he thought it was the best for his future. Just because someone doesn’t leave doesn’t mean they aren’t being mistreated.
They stay for the scrambled eggs...

• Haha
Reactions: Prone2Clone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Also Kirk lies, so maybe they believed that he would change and the small things that were happening (like a diversity committee) would continue.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa is not the only avenue to the NFL lol. Especially with how easy it to transfer today. Literally no penalty for transferring now.

There hasn’t been a single player who’s complained about the environment in the past two years. All that I’ve seen that have transferred with the exception of Deuce and Charlie Jones have said nice things about Iowa. One even came back for the Spring game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa is not the only avenue to the NFL lol. Especially with how easy it to transfer today. Literally no penalty for transferring now.

There hasn’t been a single player who’s complained about the environment in the past two years. All that I’ve seen that have transferred with the exception of Deuce and Charlie Jones have said nice things about Iowa. One even came back for the Spring game.
I don’t think Iowa’s having a single problem with the issues that former players were having. I think that progress has been made but that doesn’t mean things are okay or make up for the things that were done.

Think about it, the Iowa program is literally under a microscope right now. There is absolutely no way that a single coach would be putting themselves into a situation with a player that would jeopardize anything. I mean, there’s an active lawsuit happening against the OC at this very moment. Everyone is acting on their best behavior. Hopefully that’s there to stay.

This’ll be a focal point for Iowa for years and hopefully the coaches realize their terrible mistakes that they made prior and don’t fall back because if a current player would come out with something it could be a detriment.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Wow!!!!! Two whole years???

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wow!!!!! Two whole years???
Just a shot in the dark question.. but do you think if you were working for a company who was under investigation for employee mistreatment, that company would be mistreating their employees? Not a chance.

Those kids deserve to be treated well, but that doesn’t make the coaches that were involved saints now. Absolutely ridiculous to say otherwise.

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Just a shot in the dark question.. but do you think if you were working for a company who was under investigation for employee mistreatment, that company would be mistreating their employees? Not a chance.
If I was working for a company that was under investigation and wanted to change I would hope it would put in programs that would become the new norm.

Perhaps they put in other programs (I have not heard of any) but to have a committee less than two years and then go back to status quo would not lead me to believe my company was committed to real change.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron