FIBA World Cup

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Serbia over Canada, 95-86, in the first semi.

Serbia led by 13 at halftime.

Only 4 minutes and 1 assist for Ejim.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Tyrese with 3 points, 4 assists, a rebound, a block, and a turnover at half. Has the best plus/minus on the team by a lot, but he played a few minutes less than usual, since he picked up a couple fouls and went to the bench.

I didn't realize quite how high scoring this game was until seeing the halftime shooting percentages. If the scoring kept up at the same pace (which it won't) I'm guessing it would be the highest scoring game of the tournament?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If the scoring kept up at the same pace (which it won't) I'm guessing it would be the highest scoring game of the tournament?

USA-Lithuania was 214 total points (110-104).

USA-Germany is at 178 through 3 quarters.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
not looking good for Team USA. Very sloppy play by them while the German team continues to make tough contested shots. Not optimistic about a 4Q comeback

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Good game, even with a loss. I do wish the NBA would adopt the international rules. I like their goaltending rules where the ball is fair game once it hits the rim. I also like the no live timeouts. Allows a team to play defense and not let the offensive team get bailed out with a TO.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good game but the young USA couldn't get stops vs Schroder, Theis, F. Wagner and a GREAT shooter named Obst.

Tyrese and Reaves were again big in cutting into Germany's lead in both halves. Reaves got hunted on D though.

To me, the game MVP was Daniel Theis.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Good game but the young USA couldn't get stops vs Schroder, Theis, F. Wagner and a GREAT shooter named Obst.

Tyrese and Reaves were again big in cutting into Germany's lead in both halves. Reaves got hunted on D though.

To me, the game MVP was Daniel Theis.

Barring injuries they'd be crazy to not have Tyrese and Reaves on the Olympic team.

cazmaniac

Dec 21, 2008
On that last inbounds play the Germany player moved both feet before passing the ball in. Not making any excuses just genuinely curious if that's considered a travel with the FIBA rules.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
On that last inbounds play the Germany player moved both feet before passing the ball in. Not making any excuses just genuinely curious if that's considered a travel with the FIBA rules.
Moving both feet isn't even a travel in NCAA rules. The inbounding player just has to stay in the same vicinity while inbounding. Movement of the feet isn't a factor for the player inbounding the ball.

Art. 8. The following pertain to a designated spot:
a. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented disposal of the ball out of bounds as in Rules 4-11.1.a through c.
b. The designated spot shall be 3-feet wide with no depth limitation.
c. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in.
d. The thrower-in shall not leave the designated spot until he has released the ball and the thrown-in ball has crossed the plane of the sideline or end line.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Germany has played great all tournament. F. Wagner will be an NBA all-star this year. That said, there is waaay too much talent on this team for them to go out like that. They might not even medal. Canada is gonna be a tough out.

Reactions: Clonefan32

cazmaniac

Dec 21, 2008
Moving both feet isn't even a travel in NCAA rules. The inbounding player just has to stay in the same vicinity while inbounding. Movement of the feet isn't a factor for the player inbounding the ball.

Art. 8. The following pertain to a designated spot:
a. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented disposal of the ball out of bounds as in Rules 4-11.1.a through c.
b. The designated spot shall be 3-feet wide with no depth limitation.
c. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in.
d. The thrower-in shall not leave the designated spot until he has released the ball and the thrown-in ball has crossed the plane of the sideline or end line.
Got it, thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone