Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Yeah, they released a good video breaking down the intentions of the changes. Trying to increase downforce and lessen the impact of dirty air. Honestly once you see past the terrible livery, it looks pretty cool and should bring better racing hopefully.

They did not help themselves with livery on the mockup car. It's very futuristic looking with the big radii and swooping wings.

Should be very interesting to see how different the actual team production cars are from the mockup that F1 has.

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
They did not help themselves with livery on the mockup car. It's very futuristic looking with the big radii and swooping wings.

Should be very interesting to see how different the actual team production cars are from the mockup that F1 has.
Without a doubt we will end up with a phallic looking nose piece like Red Bull put out with the last round of regulation changes.
phallic-f1.png

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Mercedes has come to race this weekend, pole for Hamilton. P8 for George. English fans have something to cheer about after the Euros.

Question is will we see much push/passing tomorrow during the sprint outside of the start? Or will they play it safe?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
"Race" style qualifying on ESPN2 now.

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Not a fan of the sprint and the parade in the crypto truck at the end was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Wonder if it would be more interesting if they chopped the sprint down even further? Say it's only like 9-10 laps? Could be interesting seeing people get more agressive (although the soft vs medium tire thing today was starting to show up being as a little interesting).

It'll never happen though as they aren't going to want to only run a 15 minute race for TV and sponsorship reasons...

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
Personally, I think it’s much closer to being a racing incident than anyone’s fault, but I think Lewis probably deserves a 5 second penalty for the stupidity of sticking a tire there in Copse especially if he’s going to miss the apex. That’s the one corner on track that you absolutely cannot go two wide.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
The Hamilton-Verstappen incident is a tough one. If they aren't 1-2 in the championship it doesn't get this much attention. I see the case for nothing and I see the case for something. In the end, it didn't matter for Hamilton. Hope max is okay because Hamilton retaking the championship lead over something that was his fault regardless would be a bit BS. Disappointed that Lando couldn't sneak a podium. Was rooting for a Leclerc engine failure and that penalty to screw lewis more.