(Future G LEAGUE MVP) JBo question for Iowa bball fans only

Should Iowa build a Jordan Bohannon statue outside of CHA?

• Yes

Votes: 90 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 33 26.8%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Same. He could definitely shoot it. Just never seems "fiery" to me.
Yeah his God-given ability seemed incredible at times. He just seems to maybe not have developed that killer instinct you like to see. Even while playing for Iowa, it seems as though he would disappear for large stretches during games, seasons etc. He was quietly good most of the time, with a rare blow up game here and there. Maybe he can get another shot with someone else.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah his God-given ability seemed incredible at times. He just seems to maybe not have developed that killer instinct you like to see. Even while playing for Iowa, it seems as though he would disappear for large stretches during games, seasons etc. He was quietly good most of the time, with a rare blow up game here and there. Maybe he can get another shot with someone else.
He should have went to a real team/school/coach if he wanted development.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don’t have any knowledge of the Garzas having any connection to Iowa until Luka went to school at Iowa. That being said, like you, I don’t know a lot about them either. And, frankly, not interested enough to look them up.
No connection to Iowa until he committed to Fran. Frank played ball in Idaho and Luka's mom played ball overseas. They lived in the San Fransico and Scottsdale area until Frank got into trouble with the Feds and spent time in the pen then Luka went to high school in D.C. His mom worked at the Embassy of Bosnia Herzegovina there.

Luka has uncles and cousins that have played ball overseas and his grandfather was a soccer GK so they definitely have an athletic family. Luka was working on dual citizenship at one point so he could play for Bosnia Herzegovina in international play.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Some players will thrive on Fran's hard ass yell in your face style, others will crawl in a shell. I think both Joe and Uthoff were in the latter camp. That's just my opinion.

I really think with more of a player's coach Joe might have been a star.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Joe had great development in high school from workouts/training from his Dad (physical therapist/athletic trainer). He was ready for D1 as a freshman (the AAU competition helped a lot) then just maintained. He is a very nice young man so I hope he fulfills whatever dreams he has.

Help Support Us

Become a patron