Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree with some of your sentiment, but if from my point of view, Iowa's football program is in a much better place than ISU. Strength of current roster, status of football program historically combined with recent success, NFL success, being in the BIG, NIL situation.

It is probably frustrating as ISU fans, but being in the BIG and SEC will be a huge recruiting advantage over a period of 10 years, especially if revenue sharing ever enters the equation.

It will take lightning in a bottle in order for either of them to make the playoffs, but I look at the past 25 years and Iowa would have made a 12 team playoff at least 3-4 times. ISU has still not won 10 games, while that may get easier without Texas and Oklahoma ever being on their schedule.
Jesus you’d have thought Iowa was a powerhouse the last 3 years with this thought process..

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I agree with some of your sentiment, but if from my point of view, Iowa's football program is in a much better place than ISU. Strength of current roster, status of football program historically combined with recent success, NFL success, being in the BIG, NIL situation.

It is probably frustrating as ISU fans, but being in the BIG and SEC will be a huge recruiting advantage over a period of 10 years, especially if revenue sharing ever enters the equation.

It will take lightning in a bottle in order for either of them to make the playoffs, but I look at the past 25 years and Iowa would have made a 12 team playoff at least 3-4 times. ISU has still not won 10 games, while that may get easier without Texas and Oklahoma ever being on their schedule.
Then why haven't they been in the CCG like 5 straight years because the West has been ******* for a while. Wisconsin has been the only one with a pulse at times and not for a couple years.

With your logic, Iowa has to have been the most underperforming program of the past decade.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have zero clue of ISU’s future but the mental gymnastics you have to do in order to come up with some of these takes is astounding.

I can’t for Cade to be underwhelming in that offense and the “Kirk needs to retire” takes come back. Iowa gets two solid transfers and all of a sudden they’re a top team in the Big 10 for the next 25 years.

Reactions: cybychoice

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Then why haven't they been in the CCG like 5 straight years because the West has been ******* for a while. Wisconsin has been the only one with a pulse at times and not for a couple years.

With your logic, Iowa has to have been the most underperforming program of the past decade.
I am actually tossing a log on your fire to keep this baby burning. Imagine you were wrapped up in a lawsuit. It's a little distracting.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Iowa is much closer to making a playoff, especially with the expanded playoff coming, current roster, success of the Swarm NIL, etc. than ISU is to winning 10 games.

It will be considered underperforming if they don’t win 9 games and make the BIG championship this year.

This a year that on paper they should easily beat ISU.

May be subjective but far from delusional.
How you gonna say you’re not delusional then respond with this delusion?

What makes you think Iowa should “easily” beat ISU?

Reactions: cybychoice

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
To be fair, there are other years Iowa should beat ISU on paper. 05, 07, 11 all come to mind specifically in recent history. I am not very smart, but the one thing I have learned about football is it has little to do with paper because it is played on grass. And unless DJK and Adam Robinson have come back, Iowa does not currently have a grass expert

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa is much closer to making a playoff, especially with the expanded playoff coming, current roster, success of the Swarm NIL, etc. than ISU is to winning 10 games.

It will be considered underperforming if they don’t win 9 games and make the BIG championship this year.

You have no clue what ISU's roster looks like.... just admit it.

Most Hawk fans I've run across don't even know Iowa's roster as well as I do... much less ISU's roster.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The thread topic will come back around in a few weeks and we can back to preseason meltdown season.
That's fine, but if it devolves into Cy Hawk smack talk and football conference penis extension (which it clearly has) why not have that bs in the ISR. I don't care if cyclone posters get off topic.

The ISU football forum should not be a place for Hawk trolls and Hawk evangelists.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
To be fair, there are other years Iowa should beat ISU on paper. 05, 07, 11 all come to mind specifically in recent history. I am not very smart, but the one thing I have learned about football is it has little to do with paper because it is played on grass. And unless DJK and Adam Robinson have come back, Iowa does not currently have a grass expert

Those Iowa teams also weren't very good.

It's an overplayed thing and Iowa's depth is usually the difference as seasons go on.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Ok iowaloud.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The Big Ten West is better than the East from top to bottom. The East has MSU, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland. MSU has severely fallen off and the other three are typically a joke. I couldn’t find it, but I’m pretty sure the West has a better record vs. the East. The East clearly has a couple of elite football programs that the West doesn’t have. Also, the Big 12 without Oklahoma and Texas isn’t any better than the West.
The B1G, in its entirety, is pretty much not very good. Yes?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
No kidding. Just shut this thread down already. Idiot Hok fans have taken it over talking about how great they are.
We'll get there eventually. Pay no attention to those hawk trolls. They know not what they doodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.