Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I can get inside information by watching practice, hell most of us can get it from this message board.
Exactly. There are literally posters who bet the under on ISU’s season win total because they have inside knowledge that 5 starters are likely to get suspended the general public does not have.

What those posters did is no different from an athlete seeing someone in a training room and betting. That’s not illegal nor does it impact the integrity of the competition.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Related to the NFL suspensions and maybe relevant to the Iowa/ISU **** storm. Maybe a repeat here, not following the thread that closely.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Exactly. There are literally posters who bet the under on ISU’s season win total because they have inside knowledge that 5 starters are likely to get suspended the general public does not have.

What those posters did is no different from an athlete seeing someone in a training room and betting. That’s not illegal nor does it impact the integrity of the competition.
Disagree with the second part there. The information here, while being on a specific team's fan board, is still available to anyone even if it is unlikely to get massive views.

Seeing someone and being in a training room/team space is a privileged space that is not open to just anybody. So while it may not be against the law or impact integrity of competition, it is still a decidedly different scenario than message board information.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I saw something on Twitter where someone changed HDs Wikipedia page to say he’s at Dordt. If that’s what this guys “nugget” I’ll be pretty ashamed lmao

• Winner
Reactions: tman24

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
f0864335-9f66-4128-a1f1-de2e998988fe_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron