Garza declares for the NBA

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Think you’re right about Freddy Brown... won a championship with the Sonics. When the NBA finals was on tape delay if you can believe that
YES! Forgot about the tape delay thing- came on after the 10:30 news I think. John Johnson played on that title team too I’m pretty sure- and a great guard, Gus “Whizzer” Williams. I don’t think it was until ‘83 or ‘84 where every game was live.

Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
YES! Forgot about the tape delay thing- came on after the 10:30 news I think. John Johnson played on that title team too I’m pretty sure- and a great guard, Gus “Whizzer” Williams. I don’t think it was until ‘83 or ‘84 where every game was live.
Crazy. HBO has a Magic Bird documentary that mentions the tape delay thing that hose guys basically ended

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Crazy. HBO has a Magic Bird documentary that mentions the tape delay thing that hose guys basically ended
Will have to look for that. It’s interesting that the Magic-Bird NCAA title game was the highest viewed game ever at one point and entered in the cable tv era of CBB and then those two changed NBA coverage within a few years. ‘80’s NBA was my favorite- probably watch less than five minutes every year now.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Will have to look for that. It’s interesting that the Magic-Bird NCAA title game was the highest viewed game ever at one point and entered in the cable tv era of CBB and then those two changed NBA coverage within a few years. ‘80’s NBA was my favorite- probably watch less than five minutes every year now.
That was the golden age for sure. I kept watching while the Bulls were winning. Haven’t really paid attention for the last decade or so...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

????

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What's the point of coming back here if all you want to do is get banned again?
There's only so many things for a guy to do when quarantined in your own mother's basement.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have a feeling that he doesn’t know the difference. Just another normal day for him.
o6ap1dfnvNUhM9O2xTdC.jpg

Reactions: BCClone

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

That’s interesting, because I’ve been watching some 80’s games over the last few weeks and it’s like watching a completely different sport. The 2016-2017 Warriors would have smacked around any team from that era, IMO.