Garza declares for the NBA

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
That’s interesting, because I’ve been watching some 80’s games over the last few weeks and it’s like watching a completely different sport. The 2016-2017 Warriors would have smacked around any team from that era, IMO.
I think it depends on what rules you are using

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think 80s Lakers and Celtics could've held their own in any era.

Yes, Magic, Jabbar, Worthy, Scott, pick your PF and Cooper off the bench play in any era. Cooper may have started over the PFs in the modern era.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Anything titled "high-flying investor goes into free fall" is gonna catch some eyes.

Probably fake news.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So let me get this straight.... Iowa fans think the best college basketball player to ever play for a college in the state of Iowa won't ever even play a single minute in the NBA??

Now that is funny stuff.

With that being said... in my opinion, if Garza truly enjoys the college life and college basketball he should definitely come back. My college years were easily the most enjoyable years of my life.

But if Garza doesn't enjoy the college life, then he might as well go now because he's likely not going to be a top 2 or 3 player in the country again next year, and he'll be another year older going into the draft, which is never good either.

I just don't know that there's a place for a player like him in the NBA or not? I just don't think he has the speed or athleticism that you need. He can't guard anyone either.

So I don't think he's an NBA level player, however, if him and his dad believe he is, then he might as well go now. His chances will only go down if he plays another year at Iowa IMO.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So let me get this straight.... Iowa fans think the best college basketball player to ever play for a college in the state of Iowa won't ever even play a single minute in the NBA??

Now that is funny stuff.

With that being said... in my opinion, if Garza truly enjoys the college life and college basketball he should definitely come back. My college years were easily the most enjoyable years of my life.

But if Garza doesn't enjoy the college life, then he might as well go now because he's likely not going to be a top 2 or 3 player in the country again next year, and he'll be another year older going into the draft, which is never good either.

I just don't know that there's a place for a player like him in the NBA or not? I just don't think he has the speed or athleticism that you need. He can't guard anyone either.

So I don't think he's an NBA level player, however, if him and his dad believe he is, then he might as well go now. His chances will only go down if he plays another year at Iowa IMO.

His dad had been quoted as saying he thinks Luka should come back. Of course he does, frank will be a nobody when his kid is playing g league or Europe. He is using his son to make money.

In the article it mentions Luka has a sister about 2 years younger. His sister and mom are invisible in this whole thing. Frank is trying to pull the light to himself.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
That’s interesting, because I’ve been watching some 80’s games over the last few weeks and it’s like watching a completely different sport. The 2016-2017 Warriors would have smacked around any team from that era, IMO.

I am stunned that you’re stupid benj. I mean all that time in a prestigious grad school sure didn’t seem to help

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
DeadlyQuickArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ClonesFTW

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
You honestly believe Fran can lead a team to the Sweet 16? Lol cmon

IProhm did it so I'm guessing just about anybody could.

If Garza leaves we probably only lose to Iowa by 10-15 next season. If he says we probably lose by 25. That's the extent of my give a **** with regard to this situation.

Reactions: kilroy

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
I'm not sure when the shift happened but it seems like once any JR(earlier in basketball) gets a hint of success and may get drafted that they need to leave. College is only 4 years and are the best years of your life for most. I can't really see Garza getting drafted any higher than the second round and at that point if he enjoys college may as well stay and possibly have a special season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
IProhm did it so I'm guessing just about anybody could.

If Garza leaves we probably only lose to Iowa by 10-15 next season. If he says we probably lose by 25. That's the extent of my give a **** with regard to this situation.

Prohm is a better coach than Fran. That's not saying much though. It's almost impossible to be a HC in your 60s and have never made the Sweet 16

Reactions: kilroy