GET PUMPED CYCLONE FANS!!!

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
GET PUMPED CYCLONE FANS!!! THE #1 TEAM IN ALL THE LAND IS COMING IN TO OUR HOUSE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. TIME TO FAN-UP!!! POSITIVE POSTS ONLY. IF YOU DON’T ALREADY HAVE A TICKET PLEASE BUY ONE. THERE ARE PLENTY OF SEATS STILL AVAILABLE. LET’S SELL HILTON OUT! TOP STORY ON SPORTSCENTER WEDNESDAY NIGHT/THURSDAY MORNING COULD BE THE CYCLONE UPSET OF TEXAS AND THE ENSUING COURT RUSH. SHOW-UP AND CHEER LOUD!!! YOU COULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. GO CYCLONES!!!

S

st8

"THERE ARE PLENTY OF SEATS STILL AVAILABLE"

this, already states how fans feel about this game. in years past this would never be the case and tickets outside the arena would be going for twice face value... sad.

that being said, I'll be there and I'll cheer loud and proud. I'm just not really capable if convincing myself that the unthinkable could happen.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
We gave Texas a huge fight the last time we played them at Hilton, we should have won, stupid AJ Abrams. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to at least keep this game competitive and give them a run for their money.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
barilla.jpg

Get pumping!

Reactions: CycloneErik

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Our only ever win against #1 in the nation came on January 14th, 1957 when the Roland Rocket, Gary Thompson upset the Wilt Chamberlain lead Kansas Jayhawks 39-37. Wednesday is going to be a special night! Can't wait to be a part of it!!!

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Hard to get excited about a lethargic, lifeless team playing the No. 1 team in the country. Not trying to be negative, I will be cheering as hard as anybody else, but the truth is the truth.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Wasn't my intention at all, just really hard for me right now to become overly excited about this team. I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe we have a chance in this game. Texas is better than Duke and is a very physical team.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
IT'S BEEN 53 YEARS SINCE WE BEAT #1. DO YOU WANT TO TELL YOUR GRANDKIDS YOU WERE THERE OR DO YOU WANT TO TELL THEM YOU WATCHED IT ON TV? IF YOU'RE A CYCLONE FAN AND YOU LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA GET ON BOARD. WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL BE ONE FOR THE AGES!!!

cykoholic

Jan 7, 2010
IT'S BEEN 53 YEARS SINCE WE BEAT #1. DO YOU WANT TO TELL YOUR GRANDKIDS YOU WERE THERE OR DO YOU WANT TO TELL THEM YOU WATCHED IT ON TV? IF YOU'RE A CYCLONE FAN AND YOU LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA GET ON BOARD. WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL BE ONE FOR THE AGES!!!

OH MY GOD STOP YELLING AT US - WE GET IT

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Not predicting a win but by watching Texas/KU this year, neither of them are as good as in years past. Texas especially does not have the outside marksmen to just kill you (Boddiker, Abrams, etc.)

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Tell the coach to get pumped up. Yell at the guys. Don't get out coached from the get-go of the second half. Set up a full court press/half court trap to mix it up once in a while. (GAMBLE once in a while- playing this man to man **** all the time with no changes gets really old.) Set a back-pick ally-oop play for Gilstrap once in a while. (a-la Jacy Holloway to Cato) YELL at the refs and get an emotional technical foul.....just to get the fans in to the game a bit more.

I would also like to see one of the players on the court raise their hands....urging the crowd to get loud. I don't care if it is only 2-0 Cyclones at the time.

And yes, we as fans need to be on our feet and roaring...leaving the game "hoarse"..sick of this boring brand of BB that GMac has offered, especially here in year 4....I hope he can get some W's...... he has a hot seat now..... time to start winning and showing passion on that sideline for the B12 reg. season. He really needs to do it.....and soon.

Go Clones!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Upsets are impossible. We don't stand a chance.

Sincerely,
Jerome Tiller

Upsets are possible for teams that are physical, play with discipline/emotion and play as a team.

The above description, to date, does not fit the ISU MBB team.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Tell the coach to get pumped up. Yell at the guys. Don't get out coached from the get-go of the second half. Set up a full court press/half court trap to mix it up once in a while. (GAMBLE once in a while- playing this man to man **** all the time with no changes gets really old.) Set a back-pick ally-oop play for Gilstrap once in a while. (a-la Jacy Holloway to Cato) YELL at the refs and get an emotional technical foul.....just to get the fans in to the game a bit more.

You must not have been at the NDSU game, because coach did yell at the team and the refs, they did mix up the defense and trapped quite a bit. I think they ran a couple back-pick plays, but they weren't there.

I'm sick of every "fan" knowing exactly what buttons McDermott has to push to get the team to play together, as if he hasn't tried every single one of them.

Reactions: aauummm

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
GMac & Staff is going to prepare the team and put us in the best possible position to win on Wednesday night. He believes we can win and so do the players! Let's get on Board the Bus!!! The Cyclone Team Bus!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron