GET PUMPED CYCLONE FANS!!!

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I'm pumped to watch Kentucky stumble at Florida tonight on Super Tuesday (I've never thought it to be really "Super" though, since the Big 11 makes up half of the twin-bill), and what this can mean for us.

We will bring Tejas to their knees tomorrow night (win by 5, all because Ham-Bone is back). This, combined with Kentucky's loss, will mean Kansas will come to town (on ESPN) back as the #1 team in the land. We will have already beaten a #1 team, so we're not intimidated. We knock them off, because Hilton will be out of control crazy.

As mentioned before, we haven't beat a #1 team since the Roland Rocket. How about two #1's in 10 days?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I'm pumped to watch Kentucky stumble at Florida tonight on Super Tuesday (I've never thought it to be really "Super" though, since the Big 11 makes up half of the twin-bill), and what this can mean for us.

We will bring Tejas to their knees tomorrow night (win by 5, all because Ham-Bone is back). This, combined with Kentucky's loss, will mean Kansas will come to town (on ESPN) back as the #1 team in the land. We will have already beaten a #1 team, so we're not intimidated. We knock them off, because Hilton will be out of control crazy.

As mentioned before, we haven't beat a #1 team since the Roland Rocket. How about two #1's in 10 days?

I like the way you think! Let's beat #1 twice in 10 days!!!:yes:

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Alma Mater.......Texas Second favortite team to watch ...ISU
Wifes Alma Mater.....ISU

trust me...the couch is where I will be sleeping on wednesday till who knows when
I see ISU as a potential threat in theNorth and in the Big12, Just not the right coaches in place.

Football, WBB, and VB are in place, Jackson seems to be there...

Mens BB...no comment

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I will be there. My main concern is the crowd. Number one, will they show in great numbers? This is the very first phycological key for the players. Seeing a sold out arena jacks them up right away.

No way the place is full on a weeknight. That didn't even happen when Fizer & Tinsley were making their big runs those 2 seasons. The fans who come should be loud but it won't be a sellout.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
barilla.jpg

Get pumping!

+1

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
No way the place is full on a weeknight. That didn't even happen when Fizer & Tinsley were making their big runs those 2 seasons. The fans who come should be loud but it won't be a sellout.

Too many crops left to harvest.

Reactions: wonkadog

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
THE #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY HASN’T COME TO HILTON SINCE THEN #1 KANSAS DEFEATED OUR THEN #6 RANKED IOWA STATE CYCLONES SUNDAY FEBRUARY 9TH, 1997 69-62. DEDRIC WILLOUGHBY HIT A THEN RECORD 9 THREE POINTERS THAT DAY. LUCCA BROKE THAT MARK BY HITTING 10 THREES AGAINST DRAKE EARLIER THIS SEASON. THIS IS A SPECIAL EVENT!!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF SEATS STILL AVAILABLE. IF YOU’RE A CYCLONE FANATIC AND LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA PLEASE SHOW-UP, BUY A TICKET, AND CHEER LOUD. YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
THE #1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY HASN’T COME TO HILTON SINCE THEN #1 KANSAS DEFEATED OUR THEN #6 RANKED IOWA STATE CYCLONES SUNDAY FEBRUARY 9TH, 1997 69-62. DEDRIC WILLOUGHBY HIT A THEN RECORD 9 THREE POINTERS THAT DAY. LUCCA BROKE THAT MARK BY HITTING 10 THREES AGAINST DRAKE EARLIER THIS SEASON. THIS IS A SPECIAL EVENT!!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF SEATS STILL AVAILABLE. IF YOU’RE A CYCLONE FANATIC AND LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA PLEASE SHOW-UP, BUY A TICKET, AND CHEER LOUD. YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!

Just got a call from my parents, said they heard you....they live in Southern Illinois

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I REALLY THINK YOU ARE SETTING YOUSELF UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Too many crops left to harvest.

Ha, and for goodness sake, I have to go to 5 weddings tomorrow night too. Some people have more important things to do besides go to Cyclone basketball games. But I gave ISU a ton of $$ through tuition/fees while I went to school there so that makes up for it...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

QUIT YELLEING AT ME!

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
I love these posts. Anyone that isn't a complete ISU homer is automatically a fan of our next opponent.

Classic!

:eek:

I think the Texas-sized Longhorn in the poster's sig may have been the cause of the confusion...

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I don't know how accurate this is but if you go on to cyclones.com and look to purchase a ticket via the Choose Your Own Seat function and then click on the different sections of Hilton there are currently 1,716 remaining seats for tomorrow night's game. There is good weather predicted for tomorrow night as well. Hopefully, there will be a decent walk-up crowd. Show-up and cheer loud. The Cyclones need you. Iowa State Cyclones Mens Basketball vs. University of Texas Longhorns Men's Basketball tickets Iowa State Cyclones - Hilton Coliseum Ames, IA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Help Support Us

Become a patron