GET PUMPED CYCLONE FANS!!!

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I don't know how accurate this is but if you go on to cyclones.com and look to purchase a ticket via the Choose Your Own Seat function and then click on the different sections of Hilton there are currently 1,716 remaining seats for tomorrow night's game. There is good weather predicted for tomorrow night as well. Hopefully, there will be a decent walk-up crowd. Show-up and cheer loud. The Cyclones need you. Iowa State Cyclones Mens Basketball vs. University of Texas Longhorns Men's Basketball tickets Iowa State Cyclones - Hilton Coliseum Ames, IA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Students, if you're reading this, recruit your whole dorm floor/greek house/apartment to get to the game tomorrow. Fill that section.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Students, if you're reading this, recruit your whole dorm floor/greek house/apartment to get to the game tomorrow. Fill that section.

The 1,716 remaining seats don't appear to be all in one section but rather scattered throughout the Upper Deck. There may be more student seats available in Sections 220-224; however, I'm not sure. Hopefully, with a good walk-up crowd we can come close to a sell-out! It will be one for the ages! Go Cyclones!

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Yeah, I wasn't insinuating that those seats were students. Just speaking to the general student section.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
i will definitely be there, even when we get smoked at least you still get to see the #1 team in the nation play which is kind of cool

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I will be there. My main concern is the crowd. Number one, will they show in great numbers? This is the very first phycological key for the players. Seeing a sold out arena jacks them up right away. Number two, when the ball tips off and the game is going, will the crowd get going or will they sit on their dead a$$ like they have been doing? IMO, the crowd has to help the team. They have to be loud all the time, not just when a good play happens. Anymore, every time an ISU team starts making a run and the crowd gets going, the other coach calls a timeout to quiet the crowd or there is a media timeout or there is a cheap foul, and the crowd quiets back down again. Weds, the crowd needs to keep it going despite interruptions like fouls and time outs. Thats how we have played with highly ranked teams at Hilton in the past and we need to get back to that. So, can everyone on the board do their part? There a lot of us on here that go to games. Maybe there is enough of us to get the whole place going? Should we take a roll call by section and see if there is a dozen or so guys from each of the sections that can get rest of the section going?

I couldn't agree more. We need to be the 6th man! They need to shut that stupid scoreboard off, and let the band play instead of canning in music. I think it sucks the life out of the fans, and have thought that since it was first put in.