Gonzaga to join the Big 12?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Don't see what the appeal would be for them. They get the benefit of the doubt and glory that comes with it each year, for beating up on sisters of the blind and the poor in High School gyms out on the west coast. Why change now?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Don't see what the appeal would be for them. They get the benefit of the doubt and glory that comes with it each year, for beating up on sisters of the blind and the poor in High School gyms out on the west coast. Why change now?
Guessing $$$ and wanting to be tested more from January till the Tournament.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Two things---

1) $$$$$$$$$$$$

2) Not consistently playing good competition after the first of the year hurts them in the tournament plus it gives them a little more cushion for seeding. They wouldn't have to go undefeated every year to still get high seeds.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Pressure from boosters perhaps? I can't imagine Zags season tickets are cheap and their home schedule is horrendous. I'm not saying this is why but it has to be part of the discussion.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Financial part would be interesting. How much do leagues make off of basketball compared to football?

I like the idea otherwise. Let's get Villanova also...
Wichita gets a 1/8 share as a basketball only member of the American and Gonzaga, obviously, brings more than they do. $8M is about a quarter share and seems right to me but I'm just a guy typing on a message board.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

hello-well-hello.gif

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Money