Good feeling about the Lucca appeal

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly, I'm trying to be Mr. Positive for the rest of this year, but I don't see this happening. I wouldn't put your balls on the chopping block for this one boys.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
can we get a cybookie on the appeal results? I would put all my credits on Lucca not winning. Then he is guaranteed to win. I haven't won an all-in cybookie bet yet.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
We should just have a CyBookie for tonight. Does Lucca play tonight, yes or no with some sort of odds.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
I know we're speculating optimistically but wow, if he were to play tonight...I wouldn't want to be our opponent.

Forget the talent that he brings to the floor...can you imagine the emotional lift and the energy that the team would have?:yes:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I know we're speculating optimistically but wow, if he were to play tonight...I wouldn't want to be our opponent.

Forget the talent that he brings to the floor...can you imagine the emotional lift and the energy that the team would have?:yes:

Too bad there won't be anybody there to see it. Did you see the crowd the other night? Ouch!

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
If he does start, somebody should videotape it. Since I cannot be there, I would love to be able to see his first introduction in the starting lineup.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I think the chances are about as good as me making a Hook shot from the opposite Freethrow line at State Gym. But hope for the best! Sometimes I make that.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Too bad there won't be anybody there to see it. Did you see the crowd the other night? Ouch!

I'm sad to see the turnout (11k last game? Yeah, right!), but I'll wait to hear the announcer say "we welcome those in the balcony to move down to the parquet". I like those student section seats.

And here's hoping we get a close up look at Lucca Staiger, tonight!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he plays tonight will anybody see it? :)

For dramatic purposes I'd like his first game back to be when the students are here. That being said, the sooner the better.

I still think we see him next year...no earlier.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

For dramatic purposes I'd like his first game back to be when the students are here. That being said, the sooner the better.

Wow, we have gone from wondering if he'll play this year to if he'll play tonight. I'm all for being optimistic but this is probably going a little too far. I'll eat crow if it happens.

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA

I think someone needs to start the rumor he will be playing to get a better crowd there. Monday night was pathetic.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think someone needs to start the rumor he will be playing to get a better crowd there. Monday night was pathetic.

Is there anybody even in Ames right now? It was a small crowd, but alot of the cheering section went home for the holidays I think.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Reading this thread got me all gitty that he will actually play...then I remembered we are dealing with the NCAA.

No way does he play tonight or this year. The committee will uphold the suspension but will say that it is unfair. That will be the best result.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron