Good feeling about the Lucca appeal

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Similar sentiments from this end. It's nice to have our feelings risen up for once about this sore topic, but alas, the odds still don't look that good. I'm not going to EXPECT to see Lucca play. If it happens, great! If not, didn't get my hopes crushed.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think someone needs to start the rumor he will be playing to get a better crowd there. Monday night was pathetic.

I hardly think that filling the lower part of Hilton on a Monday night with no students against an absolutely horrible team is pathetic. I'd expect the same sort of crowd tonight, maybe a little better since it's a Wednesday and there's usually less school activities going on. Of course the church stuff might cancel that out.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
We burnt that grace last year on that err... ahem... "holding" call against Mizzou.

That was Big XII, this is NCAA.

I can't remember the last time we got a break from the NCAA.

And he did hold - two of them did. We have photographic evidence.

chriscyzer

Jun 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Sorry to get everyone's hopes up! Just telling you what I saw. My mind was putting together what I wanted to see I am sure. At least he seems to be taking everything well and has great support around him. Hopefully we know soon.

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
I just saw Lucca running across campus screaming at the top of his lungs wearing only his underwear. Either he just found out that he got reinstated or he's being burnt by invisible fire. Either way, it was a great way to start off my day. If only I had some squirrel soup.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I know that, I just wouldn't put it past the NCAA to say that we've received a "break" lately, even though it wasn't from them, and that we should be grateful for what we've gotten.

As far as the photographic evidence, that's why I did a lot of "coughing" before I said holding, and in any case that evidence didn't keep the commissioner from sticking to his guns about that call being a mistake and issuing a formal apology to Missouri.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I just saw Lucca running across campus screaming at the top of his lungs wearing only his underwear. Either he just found out that he got reinstated or he's being burnt by invisible fire. Either way, it was a great way to start off my day. If only I had some squirrel soup.

Everyone has a camera phone these days. I want evidence. :wink:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

:skeptical:

Cyano

Nov 16, 2006
Des Moines

Yeah that invisible fire is pretty wicked, don't want to mess with that! :biglaugh:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

boxers or briefs?

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA

This is not really the NCAA though. Isn't it peer institutions that sit on this appeal board, and not the NCAA itself?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
This is not really the NCAA though. Isn't it peer institutions that sit on this appeal board, and not the NCAA itself?

That is the NCAA - or so they will tell you. The NCAA isn't anything more than just the member institutions.

Uh huh, yeah, right.

But yes - this might stand a better chance because it's not a staffer, but a comittee.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ok, TIME OUT... I don't dispute the holding call was correct; I agree whole-heartedly. What I'm saying is ****less from the Big XII Commissioner's office reprimands the officials who called the play correctly and issued a formal apology to Missouri that they were screwed in that game, even when presented with photographic evidence proving the contrary.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

Yes, but one of the job descriptions of the reinstatement staff (ie NCAA) is to advise the reinstatement committee (ie peers) on how to interpret regulations. They do not provide specific advise, however, once an appeal is filed. Instead, they go before the committee and argue for no wavier while the other side (Lucca, Jamie, coach, atty if desired) argue for a wavier.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious--one of the key issues was that two (two!!!) players on Lucca's team received more than the NCAA considered the minimum for living expenses. Does anyone know just exactly how much that was? It would seem relevant. And how did the NCAA arrive at their figure?

Help Support Us

Become a patron