guy to girl ratio that bad in iowa state?

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
i read a comment on college prowler that iowa state is a sausage fest and the girls were rated a B (surprisingly loyola, one of my choices during school picks has an A, met very few pretty girls there). Its not that bad is it? i mean 20k+ students i doubt its as bad as they say it is.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
In engineering classes, it is obviously horrible. Everywhere else is fine.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd say its close to 50/50 for the overall University. Obviously, some majors will have more than others.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Journalism, especially the public relations branch was very very good to me :yes:

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
In engineering classes, it is obviously horrible. Everywhere else is fine.

ya.... i realized that when i went in for orientations. 30 something guys during the split off, 0 girls heh.

i'm thinking of taking something like spanish just to have something to look at for at least one of my classes heh

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
This is the way that I have always looked at it:

UNI: More girls than guys. The girls are like flowers and only come out when its nice. When they do, it is a thing of beauty.

UofI: A lot of hot girls. Too bad a lot of them are coke heads and from Illinois and think that they are better than everyone else on the planet. Dont waste your time on them.

ISU: Maybe not the best looking girls, but quite possibly some of the nicest.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I snagged a NICE girl, and I'll just say... she's very hot too. So it's doable.

I also snagged a good amount of "seaweed" on the way though.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Electrical Engineering is at least 20/1 ... a minor in psychology was eye-opening. I reccommend Psych 346 - you kinda get called out for being a man, but nothing like 40 women and 3 guys.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If you are looking to 'date' a girl you better start early because alot of them get paired up pretty early... There will be another wave of single girls coming after Thanksgiving when they realize its stupid to date their HS boyfriend... Personally, don't waste your time with Gf's the first two years or so, too much fun staying single, especially as a Psych major.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
what is that class?

I think it was called psychology of the sexes 346 ... but its dual titled womens studies 400 something

lots of lesbian anger ... but the teacher treated us like kings for taking the class. Was actually the one of the easiest A's I had at ISU. (not that there were many)

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think it was called psychology of the sexes 346 ... but its dual titled womens studies 400 something

lots of lesbian anger ... but the teacher treated us like kings for taking the class. Was actually the one of the easiest A's I had at ISU. (not that there were many)

Com Sci 103 - a 4 credit class of understanding computing thats 100% online that you just have to work on Word, Excell etc... i would recommend it to EVERYONE

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
That is why you go to UNI to party. Dont worry about the ratio, things will take care of themself, unless you are a total wreck socially.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
All I can say is I never had much luck at ISU, but had a lot of fun when I moved to Cedar Falls. Having a steady pay check and a little more maturity had to help me.

My brother had a similar experience only he went to Iowa for a year. Came back to ISU to finish his Engineering degree, but had a lot of fun in Iowa City.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
If you are looking to 'date' a girl you better start early because alot of them get paired up pretty early... There will be another wave of single girls coming after Thanksgiving when they realize its stupid to date their HS boyfriend... Personally, don't waste your time with Gf's the first two years or so, too much fun staying single, especially as a Psych major.

That is why you go to UNI to party. Dont worry about the ratio, things will take care of themself, unless you are a total wreck socially.
Two excellent pieces of advice right here.
There aren't many girls in upper level history courses either. The 60/40 ratio of guys to girls seems about right.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron