Halloween Hawkeye Costume

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
This mom was taking things too seriously! Maybe the owners of the houses thought they were going to be robbed. She should have been arrested for making her kid parade around in that gaudy garb! If they want to be a player they have to learn to take it. :arghh:

I had three kids impersonating EIU football players come to my door on Halloween ... I screamed when I saw them! :growl5cj:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
[sarcasm] This is awesome. I'm glad this rivalry is so intense that adults refuse candy to kids for dressing up like the team they dislike. It's just so awesome!

[/sarcasm]

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Likewise, would you want the kid to take candy from a grinch opponent's house? Early lesson in life. The two houses may have been Panther fans or Minnesota alumni....the Orachard Hill church subdivision is north of highway 20 near the UNIDOME.

Last edited:

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
How do we know this wasn't a UNI fan that hates the Hawks? It's not like this was in Ames, it was in CF.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
The kid gets the last laugh, pulling a "trick" he learned from his favorite Hawkeye player, Dominique Douglas, by opening a credit card in the homeowner's name and buying $3,000 worth of candy on Ebay.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Mom priror to the big Halloween night:
group01.jpg

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Agreed. I'd be pretty ticked if some a**-hole Hawk fan did that same thing to my kid if he was dressed up as a Cyclone for Halloween. It's good for a laugh here on the message board, but in real life, it's a crappy thing to do.

Being a Cyclone fan is a birthright, so of course they have to learn the truth at a young age.

Being an EIU fan is a mental deficiency and sugar makes it worse. They did the little squawker a favor.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
[sarcasm] This is awesome. I'm glad this rivalry is so intense that adults refuse candy to kids for dressing up like the team they dislike. It's just so awesome!

[/sarcasm]

[NOsarcasm] This is awesome. I'm glad this rivalry is so intense that adults refuse candy to kids for dressing up like the team they dislike and everyone dislikes the Squawks. It's just so awesome!

[/NOsarcasm]

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
We all know the article isn't telling the whole truth. The little brat in hawk gear was just mimmicking his idols and either peed on the guys driveway or else when the homeowner went to give him some candy the kid said "shove the candy up your whazzooo, I came here for your credit cards". That's the part missing out of the story.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Being a Cyclone fan is a birthright, so of course they have to learn the truth at a young age.

Being an EIU fan is a mental deficiency and sugar makes it worse. They did the little squawker a favor.
So let me get this straight... You SUPPORT mistreating and ridiculing a child just because he roots for a team you don't like. Can you say, "situational ethics" boys and girls? Good, I knew you could! :wacko:

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
So let me get this straight... You SUPPORT mistreating and ridiculing a child just because he roots for a team you don't like. Can you say, "situational ethics" boys and girls? Good, I knew you could! :wacko:

The mistreatment was dressing them up as Squawks.

Situational ethics...start another thread man!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007

Yes, I do.
I find it actually very funny.

It's not like he didn't get candy from every other house he went to.

Maybe it'll teach him to deal with rejection, which, as a Hawkeye fan will be quite valuable, since he will spend the rest of his life rejecting reality.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Yes, I do.
I find it actually very funny.

It's not like he didn't get candy from every other house he went to.

Maybe it'll teach him to deal with rejection, which, as a Hawkeye fan will be quite valuable, since he will spend the rest of his life rejecting reality.
This isn't a Hawkeye/Cyclone issue. It's a treating-people-decently issue. I don't care what costume the kid has on, it's jerk thing to do to a kid to deny him candy because you don't like the team he roots for. And I have a problem with Cyclone fans who would do that to a kid, or who think it's funny to do that do a kid -- because you darn well know you wouldn't think it was funny if it happened to your kid. You are doing nothing more than perpetuate the stereotype that Hawk fans always saddle us with. Nice going! :rolleyes:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
This isn't a Hawkeye/Cyclone issue. It's a treating-people-decently issue. I don't care what costume the kid has on, it's jerk thing to do to a kid to deny him candy because you don't like the team he roots for. And I have a problem with Cyclone fans who would do that to a kid, or who think it's funny to do that do a kid -- because you darn well know you wouldn't think it was funny if it happened to your kid. You are doing nothing more than perpetuate the stereotype that Hawk fans always saddle us with. Nice going! :rolleyes:

I would find it hilarious if it happened to my kid, just FYI. I'm not saying I would do it, but I think it's pretty funny regardless.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

BAT-DOG!!! I can't believe Jose didn't pick this up...

I wouldn't have stiffed the kid on candy, but he would have been given the worst stuff I had to hand out. And whats the deal with jokes? Growing up in Eastern Iowa we never had to say a joke to get the candy. I heard people at work saying some of the jokes they heard...

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Also, I think it is completely stupid that people dress up their pets; there's a reason pets bite...