Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
My wife always claims to have them in our house. And they’re always somehow related to our kids. I believe she thinks she has them at least...

I will admit there was one instance when the light in our sons room turned on in the middle of the night that was weird & I have no explanation for.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
In all seriousness though, I have been freaked out before by a potential paranormal experience. When my wife and I were still in college we went back to stay at my parents old house which was a farm house my great grandfather build and my parents decided to buy and live in after they passed away. We slept in a guest room that use to be my great grandpas office area. My wife woke up in the middle of the night and was like half dreaming but freaking out about a figure she was seeing in the corner of the room. I never saw anything but she was completely frozen and scared, something I have never seen her do ever again in the 15 years we’ve been together. She woke up the next day and vaguely recall all of it, but that was the most disturbed I’ve ever been about something like that (I don’t believe in ghosts).

My dad and sister dumped gas on that fire by saying they both have seen weird stuff in the house before. Anyway, they no longer live there as they built a new house on the farm, and my wife or I never experienced anything like that again. I don’t know if she was truly dreaming or what, but the shear terror on her face is something I cannot forget. My rational brain tells me it’s a coincidence with a dream being in our old farm house, but it was disturbing.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I lived in an old house split into apartments by floor. Twice my roommate and I heard running footsteps and the tv and one lamp would turn on in the middle of the night. We had bedroom doors across from each other in the hallway. Both times it was loud enough to wake us up and we accused each other of pranking a ghost.

I dont have an explanation of how my roomie would have done it if it was a prank. The TV had a remote but the lamp wasn’t on a light switch and had its own turn knob. I still dont believe in ghosts.

Reactions: Peter

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
In all seriousness though, I have been freaked out before by a potential paranormal experience. When my wife and I were still in college we went back to stay at my parents old house which was a farm house my great grandfather build and my parents decided to buy and live in after they passed away. We slept in a guest room that use to be my great grandpas office area. My wife woke up in the middle of the night and was like half dreaming but freaking out about a figure she was seeing in the corner of the room. I never saw anything but she was completely frozen and scared, something I have never seen her do ever again in the 15 years we’ve been together. She woke up the next day and vaguely recall all of it, but that was the most disturbed I’ve ever been about something like that (I don’t believe in ghosts).

My dad and sister dumped gas on that fire by saying they both have seen weird stuff in the house before. Anyway, they no longer live there as they built a new house on the farm, and my wife or I never experienced anything like that again. I don’t know if she was truly dreaming or what, but the shear terror on her face is something I cannot forget. My rational brain tells me it’s a coincidence with a dream being in our old farm house, but it was disturbing.
Sounds like sleep paralysis

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I have a couple, but I’ll just do one right now.

Probably about 2010, 2011, I was living in Indianapolis. My mom would always come and visit around Halloween because she’s big into going to cemeteries and such, and there’s so much more history East of the mississippi. So we find this tiny little “cemetery” in southern Indianapolis. It’s more just a resting place for a family that died in a house fire, tucked away in the woods in a park. But we check it out because there’s stories of a ghost kid.

It was kind of cool, but nothing creepy or spooky.

Anyway, later on, and from that point moving forward I would constantly hear things at home. Like, as I would lay on the couch, i would hear someone run from bedroom to bedroom up stairs and then stop at the top of the stairs that go down to the main living area. But it would never be in the same room as me. So if I was up in my bedroom the sounds would stay in the office/guest bedroom. My dog was never overly bothered by it, just more annoyed by the noise, so I never was really creeped out by it. And it would get to the point that if it was late at night making noise in the other room I’d just say “okay, it’s time to be quiet I have to work tomorrow” and it would actually get quiet.

Chances are, it was just a family of animals that somehow burrowed in between the two floors, but it still was creepy as hell when it would just stop at the stairs.

Reactions: madguy30 and Peter

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My wife always claims to have them in our house. And they’re always somehow related to our kids. I believe she thinks she has them at least...

I will admit there was one instance when the light in our sons room turned on in the middle of the night that was weird & I have no explanation for.
Someone in Germany flipped that light switch that they have no idea what it is for.

Reactions: BCClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think a lot of this stuff is stupid but I do have a story.

The Christmas when I was 12, there were 5 little kids in our family including 2 babies that wouldn’t sleep. We are unwrapping our presents in pajamas and my parents were trying to stay awake.

At around 8:00 am someone drives into our driveway. It’s the 20 something son of a person that did some repair work for them before they had moved 10 years previously. Us kids obviously had no clue who he was. My mom recognized the name but had never seen him and my dad really didn’t know him. This is someone who had no reason to know where we lived out in the country and about 40 minutes from where he and his parents lived.

He told my dad he was driving around and decided to stop by. ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH PEOPLE WHO WHO ESSENTIALLY STRANGERS. He stayed for breakfast and helped put together some of our toys. He left after several hours when my mom said that his mom would probably be looking for him for Christmas dinner. He said he guessed she would be and eventually left.

Obviously as a kid, I didn’t know what had happened but I knew it was weird that some guy stopped by and I remember my parents being annoyed at first. Today my mom tells the story and explains how annoyed she was when she had to rush around making breakfast for someone she didn’t know after not sleeping with infants and 3 kids hyped up on Christmas. But she said she soon thought of Jesus and how he tells us to welcome people. And she figured she better adjust her attitude and welcome this guy. And to this day, both my parents think we were visited by a spirit or Jesus or something that morning. And that he was sent there. And honestly, there isn’t a better explanation.

And none of us have seen him again.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I did prison ministry for a few years and frequently conducted some one on one meetings with inmates who said somethings that made me think more around the demonic realm and spiritual warfare in terms of theirs past and current history. Very dark. But they knew I was a bible teacher and they had questions along the spiritual realm.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Saw some lights out over the ocean in South Carolina once that were definitely not normal. They were there, hovering around a bit, then they were gone.

Otherwise I've had dreams where I hung out with or talked to friends or family members that had passed away. I think part of it was they were on my mind, but you also wonder if they were visiting.