Status
Not open for further replies.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
On the ticker that counts down to the next Cyclone Event (typically Football and Men's Basketball) could you also add a note that says what TV channel (if any) the game will be on. It's kind of annoying to see multiple threads asking what channel the basketball game will be on.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Negative rep, but not just negative rep. Make it so people have to sacrfice their own rep to use negative rep. This will keep it from getting ridiculous. Just so every time you neg someone, you a negged the same amount. Otherwise you just get a bunch of neg-banging because someone disagrees.

I like

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Negative rep, but not just negative rep. Make it so people have to sacrfice their own rep to use negative rep. This will keep it from getting ridiculous. Just so every time you neg someone, you a negged the same amount. Otherwise you just get a bunch of neg-banging because someone disagrees.

Not a bad idea. Either this, or remove the ability to add comments to neg rep.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The "Where are they now" feature was really good with Jared Homan. I'd second bringing that back for more Cyclones. Great nostalgia, and it's great for younger fans who don't know some of the heroes of the past.

And coupons. We need to see those coupons.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Chat style messaging to be used during games so I don't have to keep hitting the refresh button

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA

Not a bad idea. Either this, or remove the ability to add comments to neg rep.

I don't think comments vs. no comments would affect negative rep behavior (I wasn't here for negative rep, so this is what I'd expect and not an observation from the past).

I like the idea of negative rep costing something to both parties. I would hope, though, that issuing negative rep would only affect my rep points and not my rep bar or label (e.g., "diamond in the rough", "reputation beyond repute", etc.). Naturally I would expect those to take a hit when I'm on the receiving end of negative rep.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
...or require justification in the comments for the neg rep and let the moderators determine if it is applied, or not.

I vote no on the bolded part. We are already considered by some as being lower on the food chain than algae.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
It would be helpful if the ads did not have streaming video:

1. They slow the site loading way down.
  2. Could be inappropriate in the work place.
  3. Are simply annoying when a fixed ad would do as well.
All these really fancy ads are just bandwidth eaters and slow my browsing experience to the point of annoyance. Simpler ads that, if one is interested in the product or service, one may click on to go to the retailer's website. I know these ads keep CF free, but they shouldn't detract from a viewer's experience either.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
it took no time to get a cyclone hockey forum added but yet we've been told for almost a year now that a fantasy sports forum was going to be added and it has yet to be done ...

Status
Not open for further replies.