"Hey, look at that freshman!" stories

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Freshman year was a haze for me. Although, I felt I was more advanced then most. I made it to my first class on time. Animal Science 101. Slept through the whole thing. Not too many freshman are that comfortable. Missed my first class the next day. Only lost my keys once, and that was during the first game of the year when my room key somehow flew off my keyring.

Somehow.. First semester I had a 3.5. Second semester was more like 2.0.

anyone who can tell a steer from a heifer could sleep through 101 and still get a B+

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I used my lantern but I also put it in my pocket or carried it in my bag. I also carried my ID in it so I never carried my wallet. I actually have no idea what happened to my DIS shirt after DIS so I never wore it again. I didn't use the bus unless I was going to games but I think I was told the right way to get onto the bus before I ever needed to use it. During my senior year of HS I started dressing very casual so I could nap anywhere in the school. By the time I got to college, I didn't feel the need to really dress up.

Believe me, if you use a lantern, don't bother to get dressed up. The shadows it casts would blot out any fanciness your ensemble might project.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I guess I didn't realize people have a problem with basic anatomy. I guess steers and heifers do look similar but there are obvious things you can look for to tell the difference.

hmmm my bad, I should have said bull. Quite a bit more obvious, though anyone going into An Sci should be able to tell the difference anyway.

But reading again, I think bellzisu meant Ans Sci 114...........unless his first class of the week was on a Thursday afternoon. In which case he gets no credit for making it on time and a lot of side-eye for needing to sleep through it. 114 is always Monday morning bright and early at 8am. And even easier to sleep through. Skaar at least made you learn all these random breeds of chickens and goats. Kenealy threw candy. Plus, if you made friends with upperclassmen, they'd give you the old tests.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I've also seen multiple guys sporting the flat billed caps on backwards and walking around like they're the big man on campus... That shouldn't last long
This has been happening for a couple of years now and doesn't look like it is going away anytime soon unfortunately.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Saw this outside Agronomy hall.

Saw the football team on those scooters doing this (well with only 2 on a scooter) to go to the practice field. They were all wearing little plastic construction helmets with I-State on the side, lol.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
hmmm my bad, I should have said bull. Quite a bit more obvious, though anyone going into An Sci should be able to tell the difference anyway.

But reading again, I think bellzisu meant Ans Sci 114...........unless his first class of the week was on a Thursday afternoon. In which case he gets no credit for making it on time and a lot of side-eye for needing to sleep through it. 114 is always Monday morning bright and early at 8am. And even easier to sleep through. Skaar at least made you learn all these random breeds of chickens and goats. Kenealy threw candy. Plus, if you made friends with upperclassmen, they'd give you the old tests.

Define "make friends." I feel like a female would have an unfair advantage here.