Feedback: How do you guys want the forums organized during Hoiberg Watch 2015?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Head in sand approach.

No threads.

Quick close/ban whenever one opens.

Stalin type leadership around here.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for the input. Here's what I'll do. Every night before I go to bed (until this is resolved), I'll create a new threw for the next day in which I'll briefly recap anything new (with rumors, etc.) that I heard the day before. I'll do this until everything ends, of course.

Also, when something new "breaks," like Andy Katz mentioning Floyd/ISU today, I'll make a new thread but only if it is concerning a different topic.

Truth be told, only 20 percent of our users post on the forums. I want to make the site as organized as possible during high traffic times for everybody.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Thanks for the input. Here's what I'll do. Every night before I go to bed (until this is resolved), I'll create a new threw for the next day in which I'll briefly recap anything new (with rumors, etc.) that I heard the day before. I'll do this until everything ends, of course.

Also, when something new "breaks," like Andy Katz mentioning Floyd/ISU today, I'll make a new thread but only if it is concerning a different topic.

Truth be told, only 20 percent of our users post on the forums. I want to make the site as organized as possible during high traffic times for everybody.

This is what we get with all the engineering/computer nerds...everybody sitting in the corner watching everyone else, too self-conscious to participate.

Seriously, though, it's too bad that I can't make the FAWcast party, we have a wine tour thru church on Saturday. But, if I would have been able to make it, I'd be buying Chris, Gray, and any of the mods a beer for dealing with this ****....well, maybe not Chris, all these clicks are making him a rich man

:wink: I keed, I keed.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And each days thread should be titled "Cyclone Nation held hostage: Day (insert number of days)". The only question is when did the count start? I suppose after the Bulls lost.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

How will we know it's over if Fred's staying? Will there be a formal announcement, or would he just kind of be our coach still in November?

Obviously if he leaves, we'll know.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

I'd like to make a request...after you get done with the updates and before you lay your head down to sleep, you sneak in Fred's house and whisper in his ear while he sleeps, "Don't go to the NBA...stay at ISU until you retire...NBA bad...ISU good..."

Oh and don't forget to add, "and get clonehenge season tickets behind the bench...and a lifetime coupon for free clone cones..."

Thanks Chris you're the bestest!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

CF is your world CW and we are just living in it.

tumblr_inline_n6jjz9QM6Y1rkiv64.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I say we do a Mega Thread Mega Merge. Combine the Official Speculation thread, Gif thread, Pre-Memorial thread, and this thread itself into one. Then have it compete against the Random Thoughts thread for supremacy. Whichever thread wins by the time of the announcement, gets a poster chosen at random by Mark Charter for a $100 prize. Let me know if you need me to make a poll to add to what I would like to call the "FredWolves BullBerg Megathread".

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
You have to be a member more than 30 days to comment... There are lots of trolls walking around out there. Will not eliminate them all but its a start.

Also send Fred a bill for the O.T. he is making you work :)

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Thanks for asking, Chris. Lots of traffic to wade through to see if anything new has been reported. I appreciate folks who have inside sources sharing what they know, but lots of time spent by many debating veracity, etc.

What you suggested makes sense (daily updates). I'd also add a request that if you or Jeremy (who teased earlier today) have some new nugget, please make a new posting. Otherwise, it's hard to find.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
How about a "freakout/reaction thread" for the minions.

And a locked down "latest updates" for the likes of you, Rob, Brent and Jeremy.

Hard part is in the actual news threads - to wade through all the reaction to find what the news actually is. I appreciate all the rumor info most regulars post, but fact is it is rumor and nobody really gives anything that can be substantiated.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Two daily threads;

1. Fred's status
2. Replacement names (actual media rumors a al Katz's Floyd rumor)

Anyway, a daily thread would be really nice of you guys...

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Have a locked thread stuck at the top of the basketball page with actual news/info and then a megathread for people to meltdown in :smile:

This. Is it possible for you to have a locked, sticky thread that only Jeremy and CW can post in? Maybe allow the mods too.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
A daily thread with the first post being a quick summary any major/minor significant events from the day before.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
How about shutting all the threads on this topic down? A moratorium, as it were. Put the H-word in your filter and until there's an official announcement, people can just give it a rest.

If I were Hoiberg, I would probably quit and join the Peace Corps rather than witness this endless dithering from all sides.

Coach, if you're reading this, do what makes you happy. Life is short, and you don't owe anybody a damned thing.

Same goes for the amazing CW. Do what you and your team think best and thank you for trying to consider everyone's opinions.

(But aren't you tired of it, too?)

:pcool: