Feedback: How do you guys want the forums organized during Hoiberg Watch 2015?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Question: How exactly do you guys want the forums to be handled these days, with the constant "reports" and opinions being tossed out about the Hoiberg situation?

Right now, we kind of have a couple of mega-threads going but I hear all of the time from lurkers that they can't stand these and that they are hard to follow.

On the other hand, 50 threads about the same topic isn't a good thing either.

Would a daily Hoiberg thread be a good idea?

Do you like the way we've been modding it?

Looking for input. It's your site.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Question: How exactly do you guys want the forums to be handled these days, with the constant "reports" and opinions being tossed out about the Hoiberg situation?

Right now, we kind of have a couple of mega-threads going but I hear all of the time from lurkers that they can't stand these and that they are hard to follow.

On the other hand, 50 threads about the same topic isn't a good thing either.

Would a daily Hoiberg thread be a good idea?

Do you like the way we've been modding it?

Looking for input. It's your site.

I would be in favor of a daily one that way I don't have go back through several pages in the big threads to find out the latest news.

HUGE props to you and all the mods for your efforts during this development.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'd agree with a daily thread. Would be great if the first post had a summary of where we were at the end of the prior day, but that might get to be a big undertaking.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For a while I was hoping for a way to opt out of both football and mens basketball, but it seems to be dying down now with the fatigue of multiple weeks of limbo.

The Floyd thing seems wholly separate. I suppose if you want to do daily update thread, you might have two, one of never ending saga, other for next coach?

Countup thread for days Cyclone basketball held hostage?

Maybe sticky on whether there has been a coaching change yet for those who don't want to sift through the same stuff over and over?

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I think the best idea would be adaily thread with compilation of new news or comments that day (kind of like wrnl style). You guys are doing a great job though, so I'm sure whatever you choose will work. I for one, enjoy spending my day sifting through mega threads.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So you're saying this isn't going to be resolved any time soon then?

A daily thread would be good, and a separate thread for jsb as well.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Have a locked thread stuck at the top of the basketball page with actual news/info and then a megathread for people to meltdown in :smile:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Don't see a need. Until a formal announcement is made, it's all going to be a bunch of Brick Tamland's spouting off in any thread.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I like the daily thread idea with a summary in the first post of any news. If more news comes out that day mark it as edited and add to the first post.

Even if there is not any hard new news, posters will have opinions and nobody wants to give an opinion to a mega thread where sometimes the post they are responding too is 40 pages back. The conversation doesn't flow well.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I think that if you and Rob just write something on the front page with daily developments, that would be good for me. similar to those things you do when a lot is going on and you just post your points and links to other sites that pop up that day. Put it in the forum and let others post comments, I am more interested in what you guys see and hear.

Include whatever info you can get out of Jeremy.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Given the fact that the Miles Bridges thread is apparently about the Chiz now, not sure you can do much about it no matter what you decide.

Help Support Us

Become a patron