Huggins might be in trouble, DUI is good, Bees are bad

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Man you just never expect it from the 70 year white guys you absolutely expect it from.

Anti-Catholicism has a rather long and "storied" history in the U.S. --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism_in_the_United_States

Fun fact from that vein --

The first public education law in what would become the United States was the "Old Deluder Satan Law" passed by the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1642. In theory, the law saw to the public provision of education for the colony's youth but... was really to make sure those same youth learned Puritanism.

Which was about as far from Catholicism as you could get. So much so the Puritans moved to another continent to get away from Catholicism and its off-brand knockoff in the Church of England.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I actually laughed. I quit using that word awhile ago, but I guarantee every guy over the age of 30 on this board used it when they were younger, with no malice towards the LGBTQ community intended.

You can’t/shouldn’t use it these days, but not a fireable offense, IMO.
I'm over 30 and when I was in high school, a derivate of the word +got at the end was very popular among the guys in my high school. And it probably wasn't, though maybe sometimes, meant as a slight to the LGBTQ community (which didn't exist under that umbrella at the time) at least as far as I can recall. It was more like "Hey, do you want to go fishing with us after school? No? Ok, whatever f***ot!"

Reactions: NWICY and Cytown12

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm over 30 and when I was in high school, a derivate of the word +got at the end was very popular among the guys in my high school. And it probably wasn't, though maybe sometimes, meant as a slight to the LGBTQ community (which didn't exist under that umbrella at the time) at least as far as I can recall. It was more like "Hey, do you want to go fishing with us after school? No? Ok, whatever f***ot!"
Watch a comedy from the early aughts and it’s wild how casually being gay was used as a punch line in the not so distant past.

There’s a whole South Park episode about this phenomenon

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Watch a comedy from the early aughts and it’s wild how casually being gay was used as a punch line in the not so distant past.

While you are right to an extent here, that word in particular was viewed as pretty offensive even while I was in high school (I think we're similar ages).

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I actually laughed. I quit using that word awhile ago, but I guarantee every guy over the age of 30 on this board used it when they were younger, with no malice towards the LGBTQ community intended.

You can’t/shouldn’t use it these days, but not a fireable offense, IMO.
I pretty sure that's still a pretty standard word for most high school boys. Right or wrong I don't see any planet where Huggins gets the boot for saying this.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

It's definitely true. That word was definitely part of the lexicon in the late 90s and early 2000's.

Reactions: VeloClone