Huggins might be in trouble, DUI is good, Bees are bad

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It's definitely true. That word was definitely part of the lexicon in the late 90s and early 2000's.

Back then it seemed like it was Used more as an adjective for something that you didn’t want to do or didn’t like, rather than as an insult to a person.

IE…have you heard the new Jewel song?

Totally gay.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
All that coke zero you drink might make you the wokest person alive
I'm just auditioning for whenever they do a live-action version of Wall-E... the scene where everybody is a fat blob in a floating chair sipping their soda 24/7. Nailing it.

• Haha
Reactions: alarson

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ouch, said it twice in 15 seconds. That is not a Freudian slip. That is part of his everyday vocabulary. And neither he nor the hosts gave any pause and just kept on laughing it up. Don't take this post wrong. In my world that is not a termination worthy offense. But this will get interesting.
Yeah that's probably how I view it too.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I actually laughed. I quit using that word awhile ago, but I guarantee every guy over the age of 30 on this board used it when they were younger, with no malice towards the LGBTQ community intended.

You can’t/shouldn’t use it these days, but not a fireable offense, IMO.
Yep, I vividly remember the last time I said it and I was plastered on Welch. One of my best friends to this day came out to me that night, "I know you weren't being malicious but..."

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Doesn't actually mean a bundle of sticks? Or an alternative meaning rather.
Yeah. Bundle of sticks, and later was used to describe poor (like…no money “poor”) old ladies who would make a very small amount of money picking up sticks. From there it just continued to morph into what it is today, which is just one of a few meanings.

The shorter version can mean someone is just really tired if you add -ged to the end.

• Dumb
Reactions: STLISU

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
They certainly could fire him, but I don’t think they will and I don’t think there will be a large amount of pressure to do so
Yeah, after listening seems like something if they wanted him gone could do so. But also could also get their sports media relations to put out a statement they write for him "On a radio show with old friends, our banter brought out words i were not aware were offensive and look forward to learning and growing through this..." blah blah.

I'm not super old, but i'm sure many that were around during the 80s would say "you should have heard Johnny Orr on the golf course" which probably did sound like this....but times have changed, etc. Microphones/interviews/media outlets everywhere and you can't "shoot the sh*t" style in those spaces.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I’m a tad curious about the “rubber penises all over the court” event he was referring to that led to the comment