NBA: Important NBA trade for Monte's future

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
We are 13 picks into the NBA draft and haven't seen 1 college upperclassman drafted.
it is rare for that to happen much in the first round anymore. The notion that a player should stay in school another year to develop isn't something NBA teams subscribe to. Better to go pro and play in the GLeague if some team will draft you.
I've not looked at last nights draft, but the last 5 years or so, the second round is where the upperclassmen normally get drafted if they do.
*note, this is a highly unscientific observation i researched a few months ago. The details have not been published.

• Agree
Reactions: clonechemist

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No guarantees of minutes for Monte if CP3 and Jones remain on the roster.

Wizards have new ownership that seem committed to a rebuild. No way they hang on to CP3 and his contract, especially with the new CBA. He does literally nothing for them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
it is rare for that to happen much in the first round anymore. The notion that a player should stay in school another year to develop isn't something NBA teams subscribe to. Better to go pro and play in the GLeague if some team will draft you.
I've not looked at last nights draft, but the last 5 years or so, the second round is where the upperclassmen normally get drafted if they do.
*note, this is a highly unscientific observation i researched a few months ago. The details have not been published.

Kris Murray is only an upperclassman because Fran slow rolled him…so even that one shouldn’t count.

Reactions: drlove

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Wizards have new ownership that seem committed to a rebuild. No way they hang on to CP3 and his contract, especially with the new CBA. He does literally nothing for them.
You’re right: they traded him faster than you could reply!

Reactions: clonechemist

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
Wizards moved fast - they already traded CP3 for Jordan Poole. Still not sure how that will affect Monte’s position. At this point it seems Wizards are just trying to deal all their assets (potentially including Monte) for draft picks or young prospects.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wizards moved fast - they already traded CP3 for Jordan Poole. Still not sure how that will affect Monte’s position. At this point it seems Wizards are just trying to deal all their assets (potentially including Monte) for draft picks or young prospects.

Just my opinion, but I think his contract is pretty decent value for teams. Not overpaid or underpaid for production and only one year left on it for future flexibility.