"In Loving Memory"

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
When we went to the open house for the house we now live in, on the back of the flyer was a list of the names, addresses, and ages of the children in the neighborhood. It was actually a nice selling point, because we saw that so many families had kids the same age. But, understandably, the neighbors were ****** off. One neighbor was standing in the next door yard and would announce to all the other neighbors every time someone walked out with a flyer.
I didn't think realtors could do that. When we asked ours about the neighborhood when we were looking at our current house, she told us she couldn't give us specifics, but we would "fit right in". She was right, but at the time I thought it was just her way of trying to sell us the house

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I have never seen a car with stick figure families.

Try living down here in any of the suburbs of Des Moines. I would conservatively estimate that each time I get in my car to drive anywhere I see at least 2 vehicles with the stick families on them. I don't get it.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Can I just say I HATE funerals. I mean seriously, the person is dead, there's nothing you can do about it, and you want to get a bunch of people together to cry about it? 1.) Maybe you all should've got together before they died and tried to save their life if you cared so much about them. 2.) People being so sensitive is the downfall of America.

1.) Right, because there's really some kind of magic that only happens when 50+people gather. Why the **** have we bothered with labs and research to cure cancer and old age?

2.) Pretty sure they've been holding funerals for a long-*** time. Am I to understand that America's "Greatest Generation" was in fact gutting this country from the inside all along?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I suspect people who do the loving memory stickers are struggling with the thought that their loved one is gone and might be forgotten. Since both of my parents died when my kids were young, I try to tell them stories about them and keep photo albums and scrapbooks and hope that some day they pass on those memories to their children.

The stick families just seem sort of dangerous to me. It seems like an advertisement that yes I am traveling with small children if some ped wants to follow us and try and nab a child when we stop somewhere. Probably just me being paranoid.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I suspect people who do the loving memory stickers are struggling with the thought that their loved one is gone and might be forgotten. Since both of my parents died when my kids were young, I try to tell them stories about them and keep photo albums and scrapbooks and hope that some day they pass on those memories to their children.

The stick families just seem sort of dangerous to me. It seems like an advertisement that yes I am traveling with small children if some ped wants to follow us and try and nab a child when we stop somewhere. Probably just me being paranoid.

You're not being paranoid. Too many people are creepers.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Could someone post the belly scratching gifs from this video?

ZYBzAbI.gif

Reactions: ISUME

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Am I to understand that America's "Greatest Generation" was in fact gutting this country from the inside all along?

Thank goodness we are discussing this on the internet otherwise they might now we are on to them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron