"In Loving Memory"

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
I absolutely loathe this crap. Sometimes, I feel guilty sporting one simple IOWA STATE CYCLONES license plate frame.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I absolutely loathe this crap. Sometimes, I feel guilty sporting one simple IOWA STATE CYCLONES license plate frame.

TOFB4ISU's perfect world:
I_Robot_2.jpg

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
One day I was the DMV, and I notice a SUV with a stick family, but there was no mother stick figure just what I assume was a father figure and a couple of children figures. There was however, a circle drawn where the mother should with an arrow pointed to it with a message written above on the back window that said, "This spot is open!"
Was there a "In memory of" sticker too?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
This is exactly what I've thought when I see them. Mom runs into Wal-Mart to grab some groceries quick and leaves a couple kids in her car. Pedophile creeps through the parking lot and bam... there's the stick figures announcing to them that there could be kids inside.

No one in the general public gives a crap how many kids you have or how big your family is. Why the hell would you advertise it to everyone?
Bad bad mom. Would you leave a million dollars in your car while you ran in for a few groceries?

DreamyFred21

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2012
Grimes
Shocked that Truck Balls haven't come up yet when discussing dumb car phenomenons. Very few things in life say "classy" like steel balls swinging from your car

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Shocked that Truck Balls haven't come up yet when discussing dumb car phenomenons. Very few things in life say "classy" like steel balls swinging from your car

AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I LOATHE these!!!! Yeah, nothing says "I'm bad***" like a pair of polyurethane gonads swinging from your trailer hitch.

Saw a set of these on a Buick Enclave here in Ottumwa. But...*shrugs*...Ottumwa.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
The stick figure things seem to be a really good way to announce to pedophiles exactly what is in your car. It's like a menu for child molesters. :no:

When we went to the open house for the house we now live in, on the back of the flyer was a list of the names, addresses, and ages of the children in the neighborhood. It was actually a nice selling point, because we saw that so many families had kids the same age. But, understandably, the neighbors were ****** off. One neighbor was standing in the next door yard and would announce to all the other neighbors every time someone walked out with a flyer.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
When we went to the open house for the house we now live in, on the back of the flyer was a list of the names, addresses, and ages of the children in the neighborhood. It was actually a nice selling point, because we saw that so many families had kids the same age. But, understandably, the neighbors were ****** off. One neighbor was standing in the next door yard and would announce to all the other neighbors every time someone walked out with a flyer.

Whoa. Yeah, NOT cool for an open house at all. When we moved into our new house, the old owner wrote us up this really cool document that told us a tiny bit about all of the neighbors, but didn't get into much other than "these people have two young children," or "the children of the people who live here are adults."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll be honest, it was my first thought.

Angie, this is quite disturbing.

I blame it on being a Global Mod and having to deal so much with the weirdos on CF.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Angie, this is quite disturbing.

I blame it on being a Global Mod and having to deal so much with the weirdos on CF.

You guys are terrifying. :wink:

Actually, try heading over to a website full of hormonal, pregnant women. I wouldn't moderate one of those for all of the internet dollars in the world.

Help Support Us

Become a patron