Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah, let's hide one of the most popular forums - there's a good idea.

I don't see what the big deal is. Half the time it's Cyclone fans creating/posting in Hawkeye-related threads and keeping them on the front page.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Yeah, let's hide one of the most popular forums - there's a good idea.

I don't see what the big deal is. Half the time it's Cyclone fans creating/posting in Hawkeye-related threads and keeping them on the front page.

someone doesn't what to be disenfranchised.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Then why have the in-state forum in the first place? Surely Jeremy (or whomever) knew what would happen once that forum opened?

It started when only ISU fans knew of CF. Then slowly the other teams found this site. It started as a place to discuss Iowa, UNI, and Drake without the battle of trolls.(Not saying you are)

Reactions: DaddyMac

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Then why have the in-state forum in the first place? Surely Jeremy (or whomever) knew what would happen once that forum opened?
Well, takes 2 to tango. Without Iowa fans egging Iowa State fans, and Iowa State fans egging on Iowa fans, topics end quick. If you want to talk Iowa, go to an Iowa board. Not really all that difficult. This board has turned from a Cyclone board into a board of some great Cyclone posters and some real ********* trolls. Some of the Iowa posters are great posters, but the majority ruin it for all of them.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

hawkeyes suck
Packers suck
Cubs suck
Kings suck
Redwings suck

griffinpeter.jpg

Reactions: tim_redd

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Well, takes 2 to tango. Without Iowa fans egging Iowa State fans, and Iowa State fans egging on Iowa fans, topics end quick. If you want to talk Iowa, go to an Iowa board. Not really all that difficult. This board has turned from a Cyclone board into a board of some great Cyclone posters and some real ********* trolls. Some of the Iowa posters are great posters, but the majority ruin it for all of them.

The Iowa sites are basically full of people slapping each other on the back and agreeing with each other all the time, and they've been that way for years.

If there was an Iowa site like this, believe me I'd be there - especially as far as ease of use, format, not having to pay for it, etc...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
It started when only ISU fans knew of CF. Then slowly the other teams found this site. It started as a place to discuss Iowa, UNI, and Drake without the battle of trolls.(Not saying you are)

(Not saying he isn't either)

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I like how this thread has pitted the sides against each other again - and its on the front page!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
In the same breath, you can just click on the Rivals forum if you care to see what's going on.

I have a feeling that this will be hawk-heavy voting on the "leave it" side.

Then my vote will have to be against it. Please remove it from the front page. :yes:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I believe you were. :wink:

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
The Iowa sites are basically full of people slapping each other on the back and agreeing with each other all the time, and they've been that way for years.

If there was an Iowa site like this, believe me I'd be there - especially as far as ease of use, format, not having to pay for it, etc...

Here's a thought. Get some of your Iowa friends together and start an Iowa site modeled after this one. Then all of us Cyclone fans can come over and post in your in-state rival forum all the time. Will it be on the front page? :wink:

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron