Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Do the board moderators have typical meetings and actually discuss these "issues"? If so, that's hilarious. Too funny..... :biglaugh:

We have a forum that all reported posts go to. Yes we do discuss what will make the board better for the majority.

And since it is a free board, our activity is paid for in thank you posts like yours.:confused:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Opt-ing in doesn't make it show up on the front page. I'm opted into the Politics board because I go in there and read occasionally, but it doesn't show on my front page, unless of course I'm messing something up (which is entirely possible).

It would occasionally be nice to keep the flame wars off the front page though because every Iowa thread turns into the same "Go to your own message board" and "we don't want you here" and "you guys are a bunch of criminals" which eventually have about as much meaning as the former Friday threads and we got shown the door to our own little shindig. :cute:
If you opt-in to a section, it shows up when you click on the New Posts button. I don't use anything else because I'll just end up with a front page full of read threads, which is essentially useless.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
all these opt-ins suck ... I'm a long time member of CF and I hardly know all the **** that's going on. Still not a "group" member, although that was the magic bullet that was going to solve all the problems with politics and nonsensical threads last time.

It's not the hawkeye threads you don't like - its the hawkeyes. Ban anyone with a "hawk" in their name or avatar and just get it over with if you want to. But quit hiding stuff all over the site that you can't find. If I can't find it, newguy to the site has no chance. you do want new people right? Some of these old timers are getting stale (Bos).

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
My preference is that it should be opt-in, like politics.

I understand that people who opt-in want to see it on their front page. Why would that not be possible? Can we not do dynamic front pages by member?

This is the ideal because I'd like Politics on my front page too.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
all these opt-ins suck ... I'm a long time member of CF and I hardly know all the **** that's going on. Still not a "group" member, although that was the magic bullet that was going to solve all the problems with politics and nonsensical threads last time.

It's not the hawkeye threads you don't like - its the hawkeyes. Ban anyone with a "hawk" in their name or avatar and just get it over with if you want to. But quit hiding stuff all over the site that you can't find. If I can't find it, newguy to the site has no chance. you do want new people right? Some of these old timers are getting stale (Bos).

three options actually

1) leave it the way it is
2) opt in like politics
3) not on front page like gaming

all three if you chose still show up in new posts, which to me is the easist way to navigate the site.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
three options actually

2) opt in like politics

all three if you chose still show up in new posts, which to me is the easist way to navigate the site.

oh, so "ban all suspected hawkeyes" is suddenly completely off the table? :cool:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
If you opt-in to a section, it shows up when you click on the New Posts button. I don't use anything else because I'll just end up with a front page full of read threads, which is essentially useless.
Shows how much I pay attention...maybe I should start using the new posts :twitcy:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
HA HA...nope, it's Becky. You don't want to know how he got that name!
Shut it dorthy. :skeptical:

You know, maybe the Hawkeye posters would stay away if the stuff didn't show up on the front page. They aren't smart enough to look around the place. :wink:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Opt-ing in doesn't make it show up on the front page. I'm opted into the Politics board because I go in there and read occasionally, but it doesn't show on my front page, unless of course I'm messing something up (which is entirely possible).

I understand that.. hence the "if he can do this" part.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
three options actually

2) opt in like politics

all three if you chose still show up in new posts, which to me is the easiest way to navigate the site.
Out of those three, I think option 3 would be the best. It's not on the "front page" but shows up for those who want to read it easy enough.

Reactions: IcSyU

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

You know, maybe the Hawkeye posters would stay away if the stuff didn't show up on the front page. They aren't smart enough to look around the place. :wink:

It's "Dorothy" - that's my Grandmother's name, don't be spelling it wrong.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa

Wow, I think I might be skipping the golf outing now :confused:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
three options actually

2) opt in like politics

Between those, I'm fine with 2 or 3. I suppose I don't really see a difference between them