INSIDER: ISU no longer recruiting Wright, visitor information

Dingus

May 23, 2013
So given how tight lipped this staff seems to be, how did this get out? I'm guessing this kind of stuff happens all the team but rarely gets reported as 'Player gets scholarship offer pulled by School X'

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
The real question is; where is Lard? Apparently this information is so top secret that threads have to be closed and/or deleted

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
So given how tight lipped this staff seems to be, how did this get out? I'm guessing this kind of stuff happens all the team but rarely gets reported as 'Player gets scholarship offer pulled by School X'

Wright or his coach could quite easily tell ISU reporters. They have no reason to keep their mouth shut.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
When a kid wants to visit but is told not to it won't be a secret for long.
The real question is; where is Lard? Apparently this information is so top secret that threads have to be closed and/or deleted
That is weird. The last post was by me and I sure as heck didn't divulge anything since I don't know anything. My money is on "he gone".

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I'll say this: I've covered ISU for over 10 years now. Never, have I seen a more stand up way of doing things behind the scenes then how Prohm is doing them. Hopefully it carries over to wins.

You're saying Freddy isn't a stand up guy?! For shame Chris.

Edit: I wanted to add the sarcasm pirate, but can no longer find it. ;

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Pulling this out of my ass, but my guess is that our staff backed off his recruitment and were surprised that he didn't notice and was planning a visit. As soon as they heard that he was, they told him outright.

Reactions: Cydkar

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Pulling this out of my ass, but my guess is that our staff backed off his recruitment and were surprised that he didn't notice and was planning a visit. As soon as they heard that he was, they told him outright.
Or one staff member really liked him and Prohm liked him less.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford and Cydkar

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
You're saying Freddy isn't a stand up guy?! For shame Chris.

Edit: I wanted to add the sarcasm pirate, but can no longer find it. ;

I don't think they did anything wrong, and, in fact, appreciated it at times, but Hoiberg's staff was cutthroat. Just ask Richard Amardi or Marvin Clark.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
hines is awesome. you guys are too young to remember that the tribune in the past wouldn't have even known who we were recruiting, nevermind if a recruit had a visit set up.

hines just offered some perspective on how this sort of thing happens, and its not often it was public. heck if halsted hadn't gotten wright on record that he wanted to visit iowa state first this would've all been under the rug, and we wouldn't have made his "top 5" and that would've been that.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
bump for announcement tonight. Crystal ball favors Dayton with Minny @ 13%

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Doubt anything has changed with ISU but he had some other big 12 offers before he signed with Dayton.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman