Iowa Everywhere Podcasts

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Only 6,960 minutes here. You been listening to the JorBo podcasts too?
I listen to them all, some multiple times, though I've thought about skipping this new version of the JorBo one. Definitely lowest on the priority list of listens between IE and CF, with Ken Miller and Mike Palm pod just above it. Don't understand why Palm hates Campell so much and not a MLB guy.

Reactions: Cyched

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I listen to them all, some multiple times, though I've thought about skipping this new version of the JorBo one. Definitely lowest on the priority list of listens between IE and CF, with Ken Miller and Mike Palm pod just above it. Don't understand why Palm hates Campell so much and not a MLB guy.

Makes sense. Was wondering because I’ve missed hardly any of the ISU pods or the Hassel & Miller ones. Usually just a one and done listener.

Don’t listen to the hook one either - I bet on sports but don’t need a dedicated pod for it. Last time I heard Palm try to talk about ISU on M&C I left thinking he has some issues

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I tried listen to that new JBo podcast. I thought it was fine until I realized it’s an Iowa basketball only podcast. Won’t be listening again. There’s already one dedicated Iowa podcast.

Sidenote, I listen to 2GNC on YouTube sometime and because of that, I get recommended Iowa podcasts. There’s like 10 independent ones, it’s ridiculous.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Only 6,960 minutes here. You been listening to the JorBo podcasts too?
@NATEizKING

giphy.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Started out listening to the Miller and Williams and Miller’s Sunday podcasts. Until Miller predictably felt the need to interject politics into a sports podcast. Haven’t listened to anything with him since.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TGNC is best all around podcast or radio show about sports in Iowa there has ever been quite easily and I listen to most of the other content too. The rivalry aspect makes for a more honest evaluation of the teams and conferences.

It’s what I always wanted Kxno to be.

The pods on cf network are great too. They could’ve never done a 45 minute talk with Eustachy on Kxno but it was incredible.

Reactions: nrg4isu

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Started out listening to the Miller and Williams and Miller’s Sunday podcasts. Until Miller predictably felt the need to interject politics into a sports podcast. Haven’t listened to anything with him since.
Miller has good takes though, the Deacon Hill fire everyone moment was the most I've ever laughed at a pod.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
CW’s idea is to make Iowa everywhere more than just a sports podcast network. Which is fine. It just clogs ups the feed.

I haven’t listened to Millers Sunday much this year, but last year it was just hilarious listening to a man being so conflicted on why he still watches Iowa football lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey and wxman1

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
TGNC is best all around podcast or radio show about sports in Iowa there has ever been quite easily and I listen to most of the other content too. The rivalry aspect makes for a more honest evaluation of the teams and conferences.

The pods on cf network are great too. They could’ve never done a 45 minute talk with Eustachy on Kxno but it was incredible.
TGNC and Williams and Blum are immediate listens for me, work can wait.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023

I think the Murph and Andy show is great most days. “The more” segment is usually good for a few laughs. But yeah they’re “on air” for 2 hours but there’s 20 minutes of commercials each hour.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
CW’s idea is to make Iowa everywhere more than just a sports podcast network. Which is fine. It just clogs ups the feed.

I haven’t listened to Millers Sunday much this year, but last year it was just hilarious listening to a man being so conflicted on why he still watches Iowa football lol.

I have always liked him oddly enough, even back on Kxno. I don’t hate Iowa fb to the degree some do, not really a fan of Fran ball though. He has a good sense of humor, obviously C hassel is very funny.

Reactions: nrg4isu and slavenb

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Miller has good takes though, the Deacon Hill fire everyone moment was the most I've ever laughed at a pod.
I guess I could’ve done without a sports pod finishing up with a “Yeah but the Jews” ending. I got the feeling CW wasn’t exactly comfortable with it either.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
IE didn't crack my top 5 (only listen to 2GNC), but CF cracked my top 5 where I'm a loyal listener of W&B, one of the Woody pods (often both), and Let Him Cook.

Late Kick is the only college sports pod ahead of CF.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Maybe I just listen too much but I’ve heard this story 3 times in 2 weeks.
Lol, I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me I guess. I am fascinated by it all and wish I could have been at Jerry the King Lawler's bar that night.