Iowa Everywhere Podcasts

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Lol, I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me I guess. I am fascinated by it all and wish I could have been at Jerry the King Lawler's bar that night.
It’s just a story about how a bunch of Iowa State fans went to a bar that was owned by a former pro wrestler? Not the most riveting tale of all time?

I know he does it for the audience and any new listeners but he always tells the same stories as if he’s telling Blum or Hassel or whoever for the very first time. Even though he told the same story on the previous podcast. Not a knock, there’s a lot of air time throughout week and many other podcasters do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Cy Guy69

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
It’s just a story about how a bunch of Iowa State fans went to a bar that was owned by a former pro wrestler? Not the most riveting tale of all time?

I know he does it for the audience and any new listeners but he always tells the same stories as if he’s telling Blum or Hassel or whoever for the very first time. Even though he told the same story on the previous podcast. Not a knock, there’s a lot of air time throughout week and many other podcasters do the same.
This is why I often find myself picking one of 2GNC or W&B to listen to. That said, I think this aspect has improved a boatload since the initial launch of IE where it felt like the 2 shows were nearly identical.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Lol Hassel is the biggest baby in the world. I don’t think he could survive if his wife left him. Can’t even go to the story to buy coffee himself.
I thought she was a stay at home wife as he described how only she grocery shops, makes his lunches and smoothies, and picks out his clothes. It appears she works and babysits him. Bless her heart.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I don’t know where else to put this where it is relevant the most but god damn… this is so funny.

I have this podcast called "The Best One Yet" that shows up in "Your Shows" on Spotify. No idea how it got there and can't get rid of it. When one of my pods ends, sometimes one of their episodes will auto play and as soon as I hear their voices I want to kick dogs. Seriously considering finding a new place to listen to podcasts. If youtube wasn't **** on mobile I'd just listen there but can't shut the screen off or it pauses.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I thought she was a stay at home wife as he described how only she grocery shops, makes his lunches and smoothies, and picks out his clothes. It appears she works and babysits him. Bless her heart.
It sounds like she may be a business owner. Juggling that and taking care of Hassel must be very demanding lol. No wonder they don’t have kids.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
Why was CW acting like Hassels dad sent Van Winks wife a **** pic because he sent her a friend request?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Kicking It is great. Love a kicker with an attitude!
Woody and Mahoney have really good chemistry, the knowledge, and the ability to convey their thoughts in an entertaining way. If you listen to a lot of podcasts, this is not always the norm.

Other than Williams and Blum and FART (Colin Newell was really good this year) this show is a must listen. 2GNC is my third probably, I listen to it about 75% of the time. Firmly Entrenched I listen to maybe a third of the time all the way through. The others don't interest me much.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Why was CW acting like Hassels dad sent Van Winks wife a **** pic because he sent her a friend request?
I honestly don’t understand the forced interjections of the two dads into the pods. That and the placenta thing ran their course a long time ago. I actually gave up on today’s pod less than halfway through.

Reactions: Cy Guy69

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I honestly don’t understand the forced interjections of the two dads into the pods. That and the placenta thing ran their course a long time ago. I actually gave up on today’s pod less than halfway through.
Must have been a slow news day when you have two journalism majors trying to understand geo politics behind agriculture

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I enjoy the dad beef, don't think they overdo it and the dad's give them plenty of material. It's funny cause I could see my dad doing any of the crap theirs do, boomers are oblivious.

Did think they overblew the friend request today, but not to the point of turning it off.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Woody and Mahoney have really good chemistry, the knowledge, and the ability to convey their thoughts in an entertaining way. If you listen to a lot of podcasts, this is not always the norm.

Other than Williams and Blum and FART (Colin Newell was really good this year) this show is a must listen. 2GNC is my third probably, I listen to it about 75% of the time. Firmly Entrenched I listen to maybe a third of the time all the way through. The others don't interest me much.
Totally agree. Mahoney's a breath of fresh air, and he and Woody have the most natural chemistry of any of the non-CW pairings on either IE of CF.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Lots of people here pretty critical of a free podcast :)

My only comment is Hassell can tell a story better than anyone else.

Agree on both fronts.

Only thing that gets a little old to me is Williams “simple, small town guy” bit. Like, you’re podcasting for cyclone fans. That’s 90% of us. And you live in the suburbs now. I’ve only turned off some of his podcasts when he has nasal issues though. Super gross.

Hassell is hilarious. Love his reactions to everything.

Reactions: Cyclonsin and mj4cy

Zed_One

Sep 12, 2020
I like it, enjoy the banter between them, you can tell they are friends. I have alot of Hawk friends and none of them act like you see the 1% on X or those other sites. However the ones who do, well **** them!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Agree on both fronts.

Only thing that gets a little old to me is Williams “simple, small town guy” bit. Like, you’re podcasting for cyclone fans. That’s 90% of us. And you live in the suburbs now. I’ve only turned off some of his podcasts when he has nasal issues though. Super gross.

Hassell is hilarious. Love his reactions to everything.
His story about picking up homeless hitchhikers in Muscatine about had me drive off the road from laughing so hard.