Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa does what most of P5 teams do. Play 9 or 10 P5 schools.

In the regular season, Iowa played a FCS school, 2 MAC level schools and 6 P5 bowl teams in 2015.

-Baylor played an FCS school, 2 MAC level schools, and 6 P5 bowl teams

-Oklahoma St. played a FCS school, 2 MAC schools and 6 P5 bowl teams

-K-State played a FCS school, 2 MAC schools and 6 P5 bowl teams

Washington made the playoffs in 2016 by playing a FCS school a MAC level school and 4 P5 bowl teams in the regular season.

If Iowa would have beaten MSU, they would have made the playoffs as well, so basically they schedule just fine according to those who know college football. It only bothers ISU trolls and the troll Cowherd.

Lol this just screams "I have a Fake ID but it's not a big deal so don't worry about it"

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Lol this just screams "I have a Fake ID but it's not a big deal so don't worry about it"

Saying Iowa is the Fake ID screams trolling, that is all Cowherd is doing. You mad that you didn't come up with it before Cowherd did. I mean you've been trolling Hawks for years and Cowherd comes along and trolls 100x more Hawks better than you ever could.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Which also begs the question, with all that fourth and fifth round NFL talent, how the hell do you lose five straight bowl games?

• Funny
Reactions: CTTB78

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

In the regular season, Iowa played a FCS school, 2 MAC level schools and 6 P5 bowl teams in 2015.

Washington made the playoffs in 2016 by playing a FCS school a MAC level school and 4 P5 bowl teams in the regular season.

If Iowa would have beaten MSU, they would have made the playoffs as well, so basically they schedule just fine according to those who know college football. It only bothers ISU trolls and the troll Cowherd.

Doesnt bother me at all. Actually, I'm a little jealous of it most years. I wish that ISU played more crap teams. Usually, iowa is one of the easiest teams on our schedule. I do find it funny that you guys get all worked up over Cowherd. But hawkeye fans like to believe their team is nationally relevant and Cowherd is making fun of that view.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hey all you Hawk fans spending most of your free time posting on ISU's website.... none of us are saying ISU is better than Iowa in football, so you might as well give it a rest with all your posts about how Iowa had guys picked in the draft and ISU didn't, Iowa had a better record, blah, blah, blah.

The ONLY thing ISU fans, and Colin Cowherd for that matter, are saying is that you are nowhere near as good as your inflated egos think you are, that's it. The years you've done really well record wise, you haven't really played anyone. And yes, the same went for ISU back in the day when we played in the Big 12 North and escaped playing OU, Texas, Okie State, etc some years. We had better records those years... shocking. Same for Iowa now.

You guys used to make fun of our schedule back then when we escaped playing OU and Texas, and now it's the same with Iowa playing in the weak B1G West, but somehow for you it's different now. No it's not. You are benefiting greatly from playing in the weak B1G division, plain and simple.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Doesnt bother me at all. Actually, I'm a little jealous of it most years. I wish that ISU played more crap teams. Usually, iowa is one of the easiest teams on our schedule. I do find it funny that you guys get all worked up over Cowherd. But hawkeye fans like to believe their team is nationally relevant and Cowherd is making fun of that view.

I enjoyed being in the playoff hunt, it was fun. Doesn't bother me at all that Cowherd is a troll. It is funny that ISU fans actually think Cowherd is serious, but whatever.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Has there ever been a fan base who prides itself on strength of schedule more than Iowa State? They love to portray the Big XII as some kind of meat grinder when in actuality it is unanimously considered the 3rd or 4th best conference, at best.

Never change, Iowa State fans. You sure know how to provide comedic relief.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I enjoyed being in the playoff hunt, it was fun. Doesn't bother me at all that Cowherd is a troll. It is funny that ISU fans actually think Cowherd is serious, but whatever.
I think generally everyone knows that Cowherd gets paid to be controversial. But he just happened to pick an easy target and it has worked masterfully for him.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I pretty sure there was a post by you last summer about him being the highest evaluated QB.

Now there's shock when he gets picked at all. LOL

Yeah I think he was the second highest rated QB on NFL boards at one point. Before the season and his drop in numbers and production. 49ers obviously saw through all that and liked him enough to trade up and take him in the 3rd. Good for him. Kid's a winner.

Reactions: breck53

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Has there ever been a fan base who prides itself on strength of schedule more than Iowa State? They love to portray the Big XII as some kind of meat grinder when in actuality it is unanimously considered the 3rd or 4th best conference, at best.

Serious question, where would you rank the B1G west division?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think generally everyone knows that Cowherd gets paid to be controversial. But he just happened to pick an easy target and it has worked masterfully for him.

Pretty much this. He's sophomoric and deals in sweeping generalities that appeal to a fairly dense mass, but he's right about Iowa scheduling OOC cupcakes. We deserve to be called out on that.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Look at Texas this year, Maryland and USC. I want to get rid of the Iowa game as much as anyone but them using it as an excuse to schedule two weak opponents is stupid

They are afraid to play us. Look at their record in the Ferentz era. There were no conversations about this until Iowa started pouting. We didn't start this conversation, they did.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Pretty much this. He's sophomoric and deals in sweeping generalities that appeal to a fairly dense mass, but he's right about Iowa scheduling OOC cupcakes. We deserve to be called out on that.
Well, when you're stuck with a p5 cupcake in the OOC every year..............going forward I guess we have to hope ISU becomes at least respectable. Not very likely but one can hope.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Serious question, where would you rank the B1G west division?

The Big Ten West and the Big Twelve are pretty comparable in my eyes. Both have one program that is perennially a Top 10 - Top 15 team (Oklahoma and Wisconsin), a bunch of programs that are pretty good, but not great (Oklahoma St, Kansas St, TCU, Baylor and Iowa, Northwestern, respectively), one program each that used to be a power but no longer is (Texas and Nebraska, although Nebraska has been much better than Texas the last five years), some mediocre programs (West Virginia, Texas Tech and Minnesota), and programs that are among the worst in college football (Iowa State, Kansas and Illinois, Purdue).

The Big Twelve has a few more programs in that "pretty good, but not great" category, but then again, they also have three more teams.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

If you think this does anything outside the state of Iowa (Hawk fans getting mad, Clone fans eating it up thinking he is serious) then you are wrong. He is just a troll, everyone knows this.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Well, when you're stuck with a p5 cupcake in the OOC every year..............going forward I guess we have to hope ISU becomes at least respectable. Not very likely but one can hope.

That is the ***** of all of this really. If ISU were a Bowl worthy team even like every other year, even Cowherd wouldn't troll this. Since ISU is so pathetic, it gives him an opening to troll.

• Creative
  • Dislike
Reactions: Cyched and Rural

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The Big Ten West and the Big Twelve are pretty comparable in my eyes. Both have one program that is perennially a Top 10 - Top 15 team (Oklahoma and Wisconsin), a bunch of programs that are pretty good, but not great (Oklahoma St, Kansas St, TCU, Baylor and Iowa, Northwestern, respectively), one program each that used to be a power but no longer is (Texas and Nebraska, although Nebraska has been much better than Texas the last five years), some mediocre programs (West Virginia, Texas Tech and Minnesota), and programs that are among the worst in college football (Iowa State, Kansas and Illinois, Purdue).

The Big Twelve has a few more programs in that "pretty good, but not great" category, but then again, they also have three more teams.
If we're being serious, how is West Virginia a "mediocre" program? They are a better program than most you listed in "pretty good but not great".

Also, OU is a Top 10-15 team? Now you're just really reaching.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Maaaybeeee, if they had the screaming about it would just now be dying down.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

So the fact that year in and year out ISU's SOS is almost always tougher than Iowa's is nonsense?

The facts are always tough things to wrestle with for Iowa fans it seems. And no, I'm not saying Iowa would only win 3 games with ISU's schedule. As I said, Iowa is the better team. But instead of going 12-0, they might go 8-4 or 9-3, still a very good season and I would LOVE for ISU to win 8 or 9 games, that would be awesome.

Iowa has a lot to be proud of with what they've accomplished in football, no doubt, it's just that in some of their better years, they've had less than stellar schedules.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
If we're being serious, how is West Virginia a "mediocre" program? They are a better program than most you listed in "pretty good but not great".

They've won more than 8 games one time since joining the Big Twelve, and that was in a year where the conference was as bad as its been in a long time. Prior to that they were largely unsuccessful (outside a few years w/ Rich Rod) in a minor conference. But maybe I was too generous in including Baylor in the "good but not great" category.