Iowa loses Cade McNamara

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
That QBR of 28.2 sure scares all the future opponents for next year. I wonder what the TOE would NIL pay for a competent QB?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Probably. Iowa won't get any scheduling breaks. Before UO and UW joined, the scheduling system they announced had every team in the conference playing every other team at least 2 times every 4 years. They're going to have to adjust obviously, probably do away with some protected rivals, but I'm pretty sure they're going to try keeping something like that previously announced scheduling system in place.

Iowa doesn’t deserve any more schedule breaks…. it’s about time for it to toughen up.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I don't disagree at all the the West is hot trash, but Utah State and WM were still by far the two best opportunities push the average up beyond 25 and they only got to 24 points with one. MSU feels pretty comparable to a mid pack West team this season and they got 26 points, and only on a wacky punt return late. Losing Cade isn't a killer and Penn State is very likely the only goose egg they lay this year. All I'm saying is 5 games in I feel like they were expecting better than 22 ppg. I don't see them averaging 30 the rest of the way hit 25 for the season. Purdue gives up points, but the Wisconsin game could be a 13-10 snoozefest.
I hate to break it to all Iowa/ISU fans, but if you think Iowa is going to hold BF to that stupid contract, especially if they win 10 games, you are fooling yourself.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I hate to break it to all Iowa/ISU fans, but if you think Iowa is going to hold BF to that stupid contract, especially if they win 10 games, you are fooling yourself.
We'll see. BG isn't beholden to the Ferentz family like GB was. She has to know she'll catch hell if she doesn't hold him to it. I'd bet she's looking forward to KF moving on so she can make her own hire.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We'll see. BG isn't beholden to the Ferentz family like GB was. She has to know she'll catch hell if she doesn't hold him to it. I'd bet she's looking forward to KF moving on so she can make her own hire.

That wont happen this year, maybe next year.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
@Gonzo @SplitIdentity @iahawks and any of the normal Hawkeye fans I may have missed, whats your take on this being Kirk's final season coaching? I feel like he's not really enjoying it much anymore, a lot like Gundy. You guys are closer to the situation than I am though
I think this was the last stand for Kirk and Brian. They could try and blame the Cade injury but I don’t get the feeling that Goetz is going to be their patsy. Behind closed doors, it will be Brian is shown the door and Kirk will be asked but not begged to stay. Ideally Kirk will elect to just retire and they can agree upon a reduced “retirement severance”.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think this was the last stand for Kirk and Brian. They could try and blame the Cade injury but I don’t get the feeling that Goetz is going to be their patsy. Behind closed doors, it will be Brian is shown the door and Kirk will be asked but not begged to stay. Ideally Kirk will elect to just retire and they can agree upon a reduced “retirement severance”.
Dream on. I mean, maybe you could get "KF stays but BF gets 'a great opportunity' in an NFL analyst job".

But much better odds would be on "BF gets a pay cut with a new contract, but KF gets an even bigger raise to stay on". Kirk isn't going to make his own kid pay any consequences for anything.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
He's only at 22 points with Cade and the non-conference portion of the schedule. I figured they'd find a convenient way to ignore that very widely discussed expectation anyway. But you're right, this is probably the get out of jail free card for him.

x1000. That's where the conversation started. I don't actually care. I'm following along to make a mockery of it and call attention to what would be a total lack of integrity.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
I watched the MSU game later. I didn’t think Hill was that bad….quicker feet than I expected after reading comments here. Strong arm tho looks like he lacks touch. Should be good for QB sneaks.
McNamara was a sitting duck in the pocket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron