Iowa loses Cade McNamara

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I watched the MSU game later. I didn’t think Hill was that bad….quicker feet than I expected after reading comments here. Strong arm tho looks like he lacks touch. Should be good for QB sneaks.
McNamara was a sitting duck in the pocket.
It's a little hard to say because there is not a more jacked up power conference program in the country than MSU right now. But Hill wasn't that bad. Better than Petras. Their receivers did him no favors. Combine the drops with balls that technically weren't drops but balls that they should probably at least catch once in a while. Vines reminds me of a typical Rhoads-era ISU receiver. We get all excited for him, then watch him play and see his catch radius is basically zero. Not a good combo with anything other than a super-accurate QB.

But so far this season McNamara is considerably worse than I thought he'd be, and certainly worse than the revisionist history will portray the farther out we get from seeing him play.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I watched the MSU game later. I didn’t think Hill was that bad….quicker feet than I expected after reading comments here. Strong arm tho looks like he lacks touch. Should be good for QB sneaks.
Hill would have had a better stat line but their receivers dropped a lot of balls. It's been that way all year though - McNamara would have looked better with decent receivers.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I agree. When you're as bad as we're on the perimeter and can't run how good can you look?

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
I hate to break it to all Iowa/ISU fans, but if you think Iowa is going to hold BF to that stupid contract, especially if they win 10 games, you are fooling yourself.
What exactly is there to hold him to? If I recall correctly, if he doesn't meet the point total, they would "review his contract", not necessarily terminate him.

Reactions: BigTurk

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
What exactly is there to hold him to? If I recall correctly, if he doesn't meet the point total, they would "review his contract", not necessarily terminate him.
It's dumb. If Kirk is still there, BF will be OC. They have **** you money, and can choose to leave at any time under their own accord. Nobody at UI is going to fire Kirk, so no one will fire BF no matter what the "agreement" says.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There's no way that contract matters. There's going to be a different AD than who made the contract in the first place, and like the post above said they would just reevaluate. I wouldn't be surprised if Beth wanted to have her coach and start her own journey as the head of the Dept but if they're selling out tickets she has no reason to do so, especially if they keep winning.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There's no way that contract matters. There's going to be a different AD than who made the contract in the first place, and like the post above said they would just reevaluate. I wouldn't be surprised if Beth wanted to have her coach and start her own journey as the head of the Dept but if they're selling out tickets she has no reason to do so, especially if they keep winning.
"For Ferentz to return to his previous two-year rolling contract, the Hawkeyes must reach a mere 25 points per game -- by any means, including defense and special teams -- in 2023. Additionally, the Hawkeyes must reach seven wins, which includes a potential bowl game. Ferentz accepted a $50,000 salary decrease to $850,000 for the season. If Ferentz fails to meet either of the two incentives, his contract will officially terminate on June 30, 2024."

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
"For Ferentz to return to his previous two-year rolling contract, the Hawkeyes must reach a mere 25 points per game -- by any means, including defense and special teams -- in 2023. Additionally, the Hawkeyes must reach seven wins, which includes a potential bowl game. Ferentz accepted a $50,000 salary decrease to $850,000 for the season. If Ferentz fails to meet either of the two incentives, his contract will officially terminate on June 30, 2024."

So they make a new one.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude