Iowa Speedway IndyCar Weekend

longdriveforsom

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 2, 2008
San Diego,CA
I went both days. There were a lot of people there but with the heat a lot of people stood under the stands. Hy-Vee/Penske added a lot of seats as well. It seemed to do well and they have put a lot of money into the race track so I'm guessing they will announce another contract soon. There are also rumors of nascar returning but I'm not sure which series

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Also went both days. It was a very solid crowd. There are numerous suite/club areas that are covered, so many folks at any given time were probably in those areas eating/drinking/etc. Then you also had people that were there primarily for the music. Overall it felt quite busy to me.

I have to give props to Hy-Vee for everything they've done for IndyCar, despite my annoyance at the ticket prices.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy and NWICY

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Did you have to buy race tickets to get/use concert tickets? My wife loves Ed Sheeran but I told her you had to buy race tickets and sit through the whole thing, knowing her love for him ain’t that strong. Glad damn it didn’t backfire on me and I would have been stuck watching racing (no offense to those that like it).