Iowa St. vs Baylor GA tickets $65/pair

Spam

May 21, 2008
He is making 30 dollars off of his effort. When all is said and done he will probably have made about $10 per hour of work this took. It's kind of weird how vocal this board is when it comes to performance but then it has to have the cheapest people.

We have no problem asking wealthy donors to fork over millions of their dollars to build stadium seats but lets harp on some guy who contributed to the athletic department and for whatever reason doesn't want to go and is looking to turn a small profit for the benefit of someone who really wants to go but can't find tickets.

Lighten up fellas.

You serious, bro?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is every bit the case here. I realize he bought them with the intent of reselling them. Back to my original point, there is nothing sleazy about that. Someone who normally wouldn't have a chance to go to the game now will have a chance because of what this guy did. He offered a service, should he have done it for free?

A truly honest question, what point is there to ******** about it? Did you know Hy Vee paid less for the corn-flakes you ate this morning then resold them to you at a higher price?

I don't know how you make this leap. The tickets are not available for that someone to buy from the ticket office (at face value, I might add) because this guy bought them up to make a quick buck. He is not offering anyone "a service". He is scalping. He can do it. People can express their displeasure with this move as well.

Reactions: LindenCy

Spam

May 21, 2008
It is every bit the case here. I realize he bought them with the intent of reselling them. Back to my original point, there is nothing sleazy about that. Someone who normally wouldn't have a chance to go to the game now will have a chance because of what this guy did. He offered a service, should he have done it for free?

A truly honest question, what point is there to ******** about it? Did you know Hy Vee paid less for the corn-flakes you ate this morning then resold them to you at a higher price?

ISU is offering fans like me a chance to watch the game for 15 bucks. This guy is preventing that from happening.

Reactions: BBHMagic

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Pair of SRO tickets for sale, first $65.00 get's them. Email [email protected] if your interested.

rtoqza.jpg

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Back to my original point, there is nothing sleazy about that. Someone who normally wouldn't have a chance to go to the game now will have a chance because of what this guy did. He offered a service, should he have done it for free?
He didnt offer a service. Had he not bought them yesterday someone who wouldnt have been able to go to the game before yesterday would have been able to buy those tickets (there was clearly plenty of demand for those tickets). How does him taking those tickets off the market, marking them up, and then selling them himself 'offer a service'?

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
He didnt offer a service. Had he not bought them yesterday someone who wouldnt have been able to go to the game before yesterday would have been able to buy those tickets (there was clearly plenty of demand for those tickets). How does him taking those tickets off the market, marking them up, and then selling them himself 'offer a service'?

Because there are people who want the tickets and do not have them which means for whatever reason they were not able to call the ticket office and obtain the tickets in a timely matter...

For those people who were unable to obtain tickets, there is now an option for them at a premium. If someone does purchase the tickets then a service has been rendered.

If you want to be technical, which you appear to be doing. Unless it is the first person who was denied tickets by ISU, then any person who does purchase the tickets wouldn't have been able to get them without the reseller being involved.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
At one point in time all tickets will be sold by dynamic pricing which will squeeze out scalpers. Can't wait for that!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Because there are people who want the tickets and do not have them which means for whatever reason they were not able to call the ticket office and obtain the tickets in a timely matter...

For those people who were unable to obtain tickets, there is now an option for them at a premium. If someone does purchase the tickets then a service has been rendered.

I have little problem with what he is doing, but it is laughable to think there is a service provided here.